Solich charged with DUI

chuckd

Not a good deal for him or the program but he will rebound. God knows callahan has made many mistakes while at lincoln in his short term here.

Yeah, because we all know that calling someone a f'ing hillbilly is a heck of a lot worse than operating a motor vehicle while you are so impared that you don't know which way is up. Story is below.

ATHENS, Ohio -- Ohio coach Frank Solich was convicted of drunken driving Monday, two days after police spotted him slumped over the wheel of his vehicle.

Solich, in his first season with the Bobcats, pleaded no contest and was ordered to complete a three-day driver intervention program. He also had his license suspended for 180 days and was fined $250.

The former Nebraska coach apologized in court. He declined to comment afterward.

The university, in a statement released before his court appearance, said Solich would remain in charge of the Bobcats as it monitored the case.

Solich, 61, appeared to be passed out when police found him Saturday night in the vehicle, which was facing the wrong direction on a one-way street and in drive, according to a police report.

"I know Frank as a man of impeccable integrity, and I am confident that he will respond to this situation in a positive manner and use these circumstances to better teach others, including his players, the importance of making wise decisions," Ohio athletic director Kirby Hocutt said in the statement.

Yeah, this guy is in charge of leading 100+ young men and helping teach them life's lessons and he gets hauled in for drunken driving, yet Callahan brings shame on the program by making an alleged "throat slash type" gesture. Give me a break. I have never seen anyone get killed by making a gesture across their neck with their finger. How many people die every year because of drunk drivers? You keep defending Solich, honorable stuff you do. :thumbs

Frank is an idiot, no matter how you want to twist it. This guy is responsible for a football team full of underage kids. What kind of message is he sending to the kids by getting caught drunk off his ass, going in the wrong direction while the car is still in drive??? I could understand pulling over if he felt like he couldn't drive because of the alcohol, but that's not the case here.

Makes you wonder if this happened often in Lincoln but police looked the other way.

Not a good deal for him or the program but he will rebound.  God knows callahan has made many mistakes while at lincoln in his short term here.

Yeah your right Benard. Callahan got behind the wheel of a car with the possibility of killing someone's family! Yet you catorgorize it with a friggen throat slash gesture and a name being called? WOW you do have your priorities all FU**ED UP! I put drunks behind bars on a nightly basis. I have no pity for ANYONE who makes that decision to get behind the wheel of a car. Been to too many wrecks and seeing innocent people killed!

dumb9wl.jpg

Former or Bernard where are you???????????????????

They are trying to figure out how they can blame this on either Callahan or Peterson.

Why does everyone want to know what my take is :wtf

Here's my take: DUI is something that is almost always overlooked as a serious offense, because normally when a person drives "drunk" they get away with it, even though it can have very serious consequences. Franks situation is very sad, for the reasons that DRJ and Nameless have said.

Im just curious, how many of this boards members, while they are ripping Frank, have either received a DUI, or have driven a vehicle when they shouldnt have??? If you have done so, would that not be considered hypocritical?? Or would it be a situation where you should say "learn from MY mistakes"???

Wow, I really like Frank..... I loved his loyalty to this university, but I agreed that we needed to make a change.

This mistake will not change my opinion or respect for Coach Solich... We all make mistakes, and yes, some of us have been booked on similar situations....

But, I would like to ask Former or Bernard what they think of this situation.

Now, I haven't had confrontations with FF or Benard, in fact, I can see their points many times, although I don't necessarily agree ......

You guys crucified BC for making a gesture and name-calling.... in my book, neither of these situations "broke a written law"... whereas Frank was hauled to the tank....

Furthermore, BC has never put innocent people in danger, as DUI/DWI does... To me, this is far worse than BC has even remotely done in Lincoln...

I just wanted to know if either of you can now argue that Frank has better character than BC????

* Remember, I am not saying Frank is a bad guy.... I have done the same thing, and put innocent people in danger, and I made a mistake. I don't consider myself a bad person......

Like I said above, he made a dumb mistake and I'm sure he'll learn from it. I don't think bill is a bad person. I don't think he's a nebraska type by any means and I think he's done alot of dumb stuff but I don't think he's a bad person. He's not my type and he's kind of a fake if you ask me but he's a decent person. It's still very much in question what kind of coach he is. 10-10 against division 1 teams isn't going to get it done thats for sure. I'm sure frank will learn from this and this was some dumb fluke thing that happen.

Former or Bernard where are you???????????????????

They are trying to figure out how they can blame this on either Callahan or Peterson.

Why does everyone want to know what my take is :wtf

Here's my take: DUI is something that is almost always overlooked as a serious offense, because normally when a person drives "drunk" they get away with it, even though it can have very serious consequences. Franks situation is very sad, for the reasons that DRJ and Nameless have said.

Im just curious, how many of this boards members, while they are ripping Frank, have either received a DUI, or have driven a vehicle when they shouldnt have??? If you have done so, would that not be considered hypocritical?? Or would it be a situation where you should say "learn from MY mistakes"???

So a man in his late 50's early 60's needs to learn from his mistake in driving so friggen drunk that he can't even un roll the window? Please...I don't buy it! The same guy that is a HC at a University where he has a responsibility to teach these young men right from wrong. Again I don't buy it!

So a man in his late 50's early 60's needs to learn from his mistake in driving so friggen drunk that he can't even un roll the window? Please...I don't buy it! The same guy that is a HC at a University where he has a responsibility to teach these young men right from wrong. Again I don't buy it!

:wtf are you talking about??? Where did I ever say that??

Seriously, you need to back away my friend. Whenever you see a post by me, you dont HAVE to misconstrue it and jump to conclusions just because you dont agree with my views on the current coaching staff.

Since you couldnt decipher the previous post I'll make it simple for you: DUI-Bad, ie driving after having too many alcoholic beverages-VERY BAD! A 61 year old man should have known better, call a cab Frank! :wasted

Just because I disagree with NUs AD/coach, it doesnt make me a bad person, no matter how much you want to portray me as such.

anyone who choses to get behind the wheel after they have been drinking is stupid. and anyone who is caught drinking and driving have done it before and got away with it.

i have no sympathy for anyone who gets arrested for DUI, i look at it this way. that person put my family, your family, and everybody elses family at risk.

frank should be thankful that he did not hurt or kill some one, because if he was found slumped over the steering wheel and could not open the door then he must have been really trashed.

this was not the first time that he has driven after drinking. this might have been the first time he was caught but he has driven while intoxicated in the past.

he recieved a fairly light punishment IMO, but according to the news article it was a standard punishment for first timers. i am glad to see that he was not given a light sentence or a heavy sentence just because of his position of HC and being a public figure.

and yes i would feel the same way if BC or any of the current staff was to get in trouble for the same offense.

to many innocent people are killed each year needlessly by drunk drivers

i hope and pray that frank learns from this and seeks the help that he needs, and he will be able to overcome this.

anyone who choses to get behind the wheel after they have been drinking is stupid. and anyone who is caught drinking and driving have done it before and got away with it.

i have no sympathy for anyone who gets arrested for DUI, i look at it this way. that person put my family, your family, and everybody elses family at risk.

frank should be thankful that he did not hurt or kill some one, because if he was found slumped over the steering wheel and could not open the door then he must have been really trashed.

this was not the first time that he has driven after drinking. this might have been the first time he was caught but he has driven while intoxicated in the past.

he recieved a fairly light punishment IMO, but according to the news article it was a standard punishment for first timers. i am glad to see that he was not given a light sentence or a heavy sentence just because of his position of HC and being a public figure.

and yes i would feel the same way if BC or any of the current staff was to get in trouble for the same offense.

to many innocent people are killed each year needlessly by drunk drivers

i hope and pray that frank learns from this and seeks the help that he needs, and he will be able to overcome this.

:yeah I agree with everything you have just said.

I am curious, are you saying that you have never had a few (or a few too many) and driven???

Frank was no angle when he was here at Nebraska either. Rumor has it that there was a lot more scandle with Frank that made Petersons decision a lot easier. I had heard a source with connections to NU that Frank fathered a child with NU student. I don't know if it is true but it makes me wonder. NU has been good at sweeping things under the rug for years, this was done for Frank and Dr. Tom. With that being said I respect BC a tun for what he did with Rich Ingonito. I don't know it that would have been done with Frank or Dr. Tom (ei Larence Phillips).

Go BIG RED