Need Some Prayers from my Christian Brothers

Hey guys, won't bore you with an essay - here's the details.

I moved to Lincoln around early August - a buddy of mine really wanted me to move in with him and I had a little saved so I came down here on faith that I'd find a job. Did find a job, however found out after a week that it wasn't going to work out, so I quit, and at the exact same time my buddy decided to ditch to head back home.

I'm really in a tough spot here....I haven't found work, I can't afford my bills, everything's going on my credit card. I've been applying and applying, and actually had an interview for a graphic/web design gig yesterday and they're calling me in for a second interview/hands-on skill testing, but if I'm honest with myself I am not qualified for that position and left to my own abilities will crash and burn hard with the testing.

I don't really know what to do any more besides give it up to Jesus...and could really use your guys' prayers that God will provide. It's assuring to know that He will in some way or another, but circumstances are getting pretty dire and scary right now.

Thanks guys.

If it's any comfort, your graphics work is pretty outstanding. I'm sure if they are hiring an entry level position, they are expecting to do some on-the-job training. You have an eye for this sort of thing and a pretty good passion for it, so I think you could go somewhere with that. Best of luck with the interview, and everything else!

If it's any comfort, your graphics work is pretty outstanding. I'm sure if they are hiring an entry level position, they are expecting to do some on-the-job training. You have an eye for this sort of thing and a pretty good passion for it, so I think you could go somewhere with that. Best of luck with the interview, and everything else!

It's the coding/building that I don't have a ton of knowledge or experience with. I'll just show them all the pony sigs and they'll certainly hire me :lol:

Maybe look into something that is in the same field, but not at the level you're qualified/ready for. The wage probably won't be the same, but at least you'll get some experience that can help get you where you want to be. You sound like a good guy who is honest about your abilities, so apply for everything that you want to eventually make a career out of, and be honest with the people you apply for. The majority will appreciate your humbleness, and at the very least may offer advice or point you in a good direction. I know, advice and pointers doesn't pay the bills, but if you're passionate about what you want to do, it may take some time and patience.

Also...if you like a company and/or an opportunity that maybe is currently out of your reach....ask about volunteer possibilities. Again...doesn't pay bills...but employers often take notice of talented people willing to work for free.

Best wishes man.

Don't sell yourself short. The worst that's going to happen is they'll tell you that you're talented, but not quite qualified. If they're willing to do the on-the-job training, as zoogies mentioned, there's a really good chance that you'll get hired. Getting invited back for a 2nd interview is a good sign itself, so hey, it's worth a shot at least. Hope interview #2 goes well for you, and like I said, don't sell yourself short.

If you are willing to move/commute to Omaha I can ask around.

I'm willing to do just about anything at this point.

carlfense, you're quite right about the market being tight. I appreciate you looking around as well. I'll keep you guys updated as things go along. Thanks again for your advice and prayer.

Prayers out there for you, bud. I'll see if anyone I know has any feelers for you. Got a quite a few contacts here in town, though most don't work in that feeling, but you never know what a friend, or a friend of a friend is able to find. I've been doing temp work on the state level for a few years now, trying to find a permanent position, so I know at least some of the trepidation you feel. Hang in there, let God lead you, and you'll find that path.

If you are willing to move/commute to Omaha I can ask around.

I'm willing to do just about anything at this point.

carlfense, you're quite right about the market being tight. I appreciate you looking around as well. I'll keep you guys updated as things go along. Thanks again for your advice and prayer.

Check PM