Glad Huskers are in B1G

OS82

I wish Ohio State was allowed to play in the championship game. Would be interesting to see how a rematch would go on a neutral field

Too much attributed to home field. Yes it has advantages but there are plenty of examples of failures on home fields by home teams. We played USC at the Shoe a few years back. For as long as I can remember Bucks fans have been grousing about the west coast's teams having the advantage in the Rose Bowl and have been clamoring to get our nemesis USC in our house. Well after a few decades we finally get them at the Shoe...and lose...to a frosh QB. IMO the worst regular season loss we ever had. It was our one chance to kill that argument and we had all the advantages we could ask for, but stunk it up. In that one game the home field advantage got blown to pieces. Same thing with our loss to Texas as Colt McCoy marched his team down the field in the closing minutes.

The power of shutting down a home team and silencing the home crowd is almost as powerful as having the crowd in your corner.

I watched that game. Matt Barkley didn't beat you. The All-Americans on their interior offensive line beat you. You could not stop them in short yardage and I think that's the biggest reason you lost.

I wish Ohio State was allowed to play in the championship game. Would be interesting to see how a rematch would go on a neutral field

Too much attributed to home field. Yes it has advantages but there are plenty of examples of failures on home fields by home teams. We played USC at the Shoe a few years back. For as long as I can remember Bucks fans have been grousing about the west coast's teams having the advantage in the Rose Bowl and have been clamoring to get our nemesis USC in our house. Well after a few decades we finally get them at the Shoe...and lose...to a frosh QB. IMO the worst regular season loss we ever had. It was our one chance to kill that argument and we had all the advantages we could ask for, but stunk it up. In that one game the home field advantage got blown to pieces. Same thing with our loss to Texas as Colt McCoy marched his team down the field in the closing minutes.

The power of shutting down a home team and silencing the home crowd is almost as powerful as having the crowd in your corner.

I watched that game. Matt Barkley didn't beat you. The All-Americans on their interior offensive line beat you. You could not stop them in short yardage and I think that's the biggest reason you lost.

Playing prevent on their last drive is what caused us to lose. And their first (out of two) TDs proved we could stop them in short yardage as they never crossed the goal line in 4 attempts in three yards. (Despite what the refs gave them) Had Tressel played more aggressive defense on the very last drive, we would have won that game.

Playing prevent on their last drive is what caused us to lose. And their first (out of two) TDs proved we could stop them in short yardage as they never crossed the goal line in 4 attempts in three yards. (Despite what the refs gave them) Had Tressel played more aggressive defense on the very last drive, we would have won that game.

Had you been in a more aggressive defense Barkley might have beaten you with his arm to the same result. I hear you but you didn't stop them when it counted! That was a great game and one of the best I watched all season.

Had you been in a more aggressive defense Barkley might have beaten you with his arm to the same result. I hear you but you didn't stop them when it counted! That was a great game and one of the best I watched all season.

The aggressive defense prevented a single TD for 59 minutes. Yes there's always a chance, but let's go with the odds here. Do you change your defense after 59 minutes and hope it works, or do you go with what's been working for 59 minutes and hope it works?

Plus had they still won, I would have just lived with it as it wasn't overly conservative play calling that did it, but the fact that we just got beat.

Sweater vest gonna sweater vest. I'll just say I think the defensive call was understandable. At least the game was memorable enough for you to be able to talk about it on a Husker board :P.

The game was good, and the USC fans were excellent. It was the loudest game I had ever been involved in as well. And I wasn't the one that brought up the USC defense (when it wasn't them) about that game ;) )

Sweater vest gonna sweater vest. I'll just say I think the defensive call was understandable. At least the game was memorable enough for you to be able to talk about it on a Husker board :P.

The game was good, and the USC fans were excellent. It was the loudest game I had ever been involved in as well. And I wasn't the one that brought up the USC defense (when it wasn't them) about that game ;) )

The Horseshoe looked and sounded electric. I had the lights off and a beer open. I was there man. I WAS THERE.

EDIT: I didn't mean for that to sound like I had a problem with talking about that game here. I'm a willing participant, lol.

Ohio State grad here. Gotta say I love the addition of your school to the B1G. It's great to watch a quality team with a rich tradition join our conference. Never liked the addition of PSU to the conference, just never seemed like a good fit to me and still doesn't and I'm glad you beat 'em.

I'd love OK to join too just so your classic rivalry could be reborn.

Now go run the table and represent!

OS82 I like the way you see things .......... welcome to the board.

Why is it that so many people want to see our ass kicked again? If we win the Championship likely playing a much better UCLA or USC. We won't move up much in the polls that last 3 weeks and even in the Championship Game. Not enough quality wins against quality opponents.

I guess you don't think Michigan, Penn St., Wisky or NW are quality opponents. They are all very solid teams. MSU is good also and have lost a lot of close games. The Big 10 is getting hammered because of 1 weekend this year. NU loses to UCLA and Wisky loses to Oregon St. in the same weekend along with MSU losing to ND and Michigan losing to Alabama and all of a sudden the conference sucks.

The SEC get a lot of milage out of there top 5-6 teams, but the bottom end sucks. Tenn, Ark, Vandy, Miss, Auburn are not good teams.

I look at the big 12 this year and I don't see anything that overwheming. KSU is really good, but OU, Tejas, Okie Light, TCU, and WVa are nothing that special. They all have just as many losses as Nebraska has. NU has 2 losses to an 9-0 OSU and a 8-2 UCLA and that loss could have gone a different way. They had a terrible scheme in that game

I just have a funny feeling come bowl time the conference is going to equate itself very well. Why is UCLA so much better? Why is USC so great? They have 3 losses what makes them so great?