A Major Stepping Stone

We got the new facilities. We got the new coach. We got the new staff. They got the commits. Tomorrow, they get the signatures.

Tomorrow is a huge day if all 3 sign. They are all expected to, but I won't feel comfortable until all three have been faxed in. The hope would be these three (assuming Webster makes it over here to play prep ball) have huge seasons and Miles is able to sway a couple big men by showing them the talent he is bringing in. If Webster comes over and plays his way into a top 50 ranking as many have said he will, that would give Miles a huge boost in getting a TALENTED big.

It all starts tomorrow.

• Fire 1

I'm a bit nervous about this. I really hope Webster hasn't wised up and is looking at schools who are light years ahead of us.

I would hope that if you are 17, it's more about the comfortable "fit" with the coaches than the rest............

That said, Smiles said this morning to not expect any major breaking news............I'm taking that to mean he feels good about the potential signings..........

Nice article on our 2 signees. I am very pumped! They sound like great players and great kids. Sounds like Tai wants to take his December 3rd visit just to be sure which makes sense. I look forward to him& family meeting the team and seeing our fabulous facilities! He would be a great fit with Nick and Nathan. Those 3 together would shoot lights out. Now we just need to add a PF and we will be cooking. I think they will need to sign at least 1 big. I would be okay with saving 1 schollie for the following year as we build momentum and establish some ties with younger recruits.

http://journalstar.c...27e854b7e6.html

F*** YES! There's a loop hole. The NCAA allows three weeks for the university to file the LOI. If Webster signs it on the 21st, he can bring it with him to his visit on the 3rd and if he decides this is his place, he can hand it to them and they'll get it filed in time. This is huge!

And in terms of taking more guys - Miles will be taking a big or two. Perhaps a guy like Atewe. As I said earlier, you'd like to hope Webster signs, and these three have huge seasons so Miles can use that to sell a big recruit on the talent he has coming in and steal away a big guy this spring.