Football Karma T-shirts available

Coqui

Someone brought up the '94 situation. That's a damn fine point. I have to agree. That was our karma right there. "Sorry JoPa, you already got yours 12 years ago."

BS. They got what they deserved because they joined the Big 10 who at the time loved to hide out at the Rose Bowl and not face the top opponents for the title. If we would have joined the Big 10 prior to the BCS, I would have been up in arms about it because we would have been forced to play that game rather than playing for the title.

The only thing I'll grant you is they actually had a legitimate shot at beating us had we faced off although their D was nothing special. Michigan 97 would have been bitch-stomped by us.

Someone brought up the '94 situation. That's a damn fine point. I have to agree. That was our karma right there. "Sorry JoPa, you already got yours 12 years ago."

BS. They got what they deserved because they joined the Big 10 who at the time loved to hide out at the Rose Bowl and not face the top opponents for the title. If we would have joined the Big 10 prior to the BCS, I would have been up in arms about it because we would have been forced to play that game rather than playing for the title.

The only thing I'll grant you is they actually had a legitimate shot at beating us had we faced off although their D was nothing special. Michigan 97 would have been bitch-stomped by us.

I wasnt serious. I seriously doubt the voters in '94 took into consideration a play from 12 years prior.

• 11 months later...

These shirts are asinine. The people who would buy them either weren't alive in 1982 or have forgotten the significance of that game. The McCloskey Call prevented Nebraska from playing for a National Championship.

Penn State lost a game. And frankly, the call was FAR less controversial.

This shirt also ignores the fact that the ensuing TD catch in 1982 wasn't a catch - he trapped the ball. So back-to-back plays screw Nebraska out of a National Championship, and Penn State lost the chance to take a three-point lead with nine minutes left in the game and a surging Husker team getting the ball back.

This and this alone is my complete dislike for Penn St. I can still remember that "catch" on tv.