TM to NY Ceremony: My bet with my pops

As it stands now, Taylor Martinez leads all of the FBS in fumbles. Unless he starts taking care of the football better, there is no chance.

This isnt hatred- these are facts

Love the kids heart- glad he is our QB

Hate all the WTF moments and turnovers- too many to be Heisman worthy

If he perforned like he did last year- 0 chance

If he improves at same pace in year 5 as he did in year 4 AND he cuts the fumbles by 2/3, he has a 2.5/10 chance of being invited

• Fire 1

As it stands now, Taylor Martinez leads all of the FBS in fumbles. Unless he starts taking care of the football better, there is no chance.

If he improves at same pace in year 5 as he did in year 4 AND he cuts the fumbles by 2/3, he has a 2.5/10 chance of being invited

Uh...no...

Reason being...if he cut the turnovers by 2/3's and certain conditions are met i.e. the teams gets to 11 wins in the regular season, then Taylor will have quite a high chance of getting invited. A very high chance in fact. His fumbles are his Achilles heel.....why would ya think he would have a 2.5/10 chance of going after he cleans up his fumbles that well? Team losses?

Lastly.....this thread was started on my birthday last year.......fun fact. hehe

LSMiOeQ.jpg

• Fire 2

Uh...no...

Reason being...if he cut the turnovers by 2/3's and certain conditions are met i.e. the teams gets to 11 wins in the regular season, then Taylor will have quite a high chance of getting invited. A very high chance in fact. His fumbles are his Achilles heel.....why would ya think he would have a 2.5/10 chance of going after he cleans up his fumbles that well? Team losses?

Lastly.....this thread was started on my birthday last year.......fun fact. hehe

I dont care about your birthday, birthdays are for little kids and nothing to do with our time stay at home 20 something ladies who lunch- who cares

Heisman is usually awarded for a body of work, maybe it's not supposed to be, but it is

The body of work includes too many turnovers, WTF moments and blowout losses in big games

He would have to eliminate most of the turnovers, put up monster numbers, win 11, get rid of the WTF moments and have some Heisman highlights in a big win.

Not impossible, but improbable

Would be great if he did- again Im hoping he does and admire how hard he plays

• 3 months later...

It remains to be seen if Gardner will even be a QB next year. Michigan dearly wants to move to a pro-style offense. Gardner isn't their man in that style. He may be a wideout this time next season.

They kept him at QB, and he led the nation in fumbles (6) and was tied at 21st with 11 INTs.

Well, looks like I was dead wrong. No surprise there, I guess. In the future, I would bet against me 10/10 times.

Most of us went off the rails badly, though there WAS the injury. That's my excuse. Realistically, looking back, the Kool-Aid was flowing like Niagara Falls when most of us posted. The joys of the off season, when there is nothing but rainbows and unicorns ahead. All good times.