Roll Call: Iowa City

TSHO44

There was more red than I have seen from a visiting fanbase - but I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't worse than it was. Saw a lot of Husker fans outside the stadium selling tickets because they lost a lot of their group at the last minute due to the massive weather change which I am sure helped a lot in keeping it under control.

I tried to talk my wife into making the trip yesterday. I got a blank stare. I promised we were done for the year after the Minnesota game. I'll work on her a little more tonight.

Try these on:

fiveten_jeans.jpg

I understand the joke, but I wont go to a game without my wife. If she doesnt want to go, then I wont go.

I hope I never turn out like this.

seconded

I tried to talk my wife into making the trip yesterday. I got a blank stare. I promised we were done for the year after the Minnesota game. I'll work on her a little more tonight.

Try these on:

fiveten_jeans.jpg

I understand the joke, but I wont go to a game without my wife. If she doesnt want to go, then I wont go.

I hope I never turn out like this.

seconded

dont think you'll have to worry about it.

On TV it appeared to be a good 30-40% red.

Not even close. The visiting team at Iowa gets the first several rows next to the field on the visitors side at both ends of the field - so every time the Nebraska sideline is shown you would see a lot of red behind them unless they panned up higher into the stands. They did have an extra large group of Huskers in the north endzone, which is where several of the field goals were kicked/attempted, that would have been purchased from season ticket holders and then a section up in the corner at the SW where the students normally are but had turned in tickets due to school being out. Other than their alloted tickets and those two extra sections there were just some random Husker fans scattered throughout the stadium in greater numbers than normal but not to that extent.

Try these on:

fiveten_jeans.jpg

That's odd. I don't want to bring my wife to any game. To each their own I guess.

I guess if my wife was a bitch like yours, I'd feel the same way. :D

Too much? Probably too much aint it.

Hey, how do you know my wife?

You can't tell because many people do not own red coats. Myself included.

Well if you aren't going to wear red so I can tell you are a Husker fan it makes it hard to count you! :P

Hard to put a number on it. I did notice the big contingencies in the places Caven mentioned. There was a lot of red littered through the whole stadium, too.

I was on our sideline on the Right 20 yard line. A ton around me. I would say 25% Husker fans.

I would agree with the 25% - it was the 40% I felt was way too high. Still way higher than it has ever been before at Kinnick but not quite in the range of what you guys can do at some of the other stadiums (Northwestern).