The Steroid debate.

I would never advocate for steroid use in sports. Also, I not sure I believe steroids safe.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the "steroids don't really cause roid rage!" song and dance that people are pushing these days is a flat out lie.

I think there's some truth to it. I worked with a guy who took them at one time and he said he did get a little more moody and quicker to anger, but I highly doubt it would cause you to rage. It's probably the male equivalent of pms with the hormonal changes going on.

I would never advocate for steroid use in sports. Also, I not sure I believe steroids safe.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the "steroids don't really cause roid rage!" song and dance that people are pushing these days is a flat out lie.

I think there's some truth to it. I worked with a guy who took them at one time and he said he did get a little more moody and quicker to anger, but I highly doubt it would cause you to rage. It's probably the male equivalent of pms with the hormonal changes going on.

In a lot of cases, it's a combination of heightened testosterone levels (which naturally makes people more confrontational) and also increased estrogen that peoples' bodies produce while on steroids. And we all know what estrogen does. It makes people irrational :lol:

• Fire 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Good article about steroid use in NCAA. http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8765531/steroids-loom-major-college-football-report-says

Meanwhile at UCLA, home of the laboratory that for years set the standard for cutting-edge steroid testing, athletes can fail three drug tests before being suspended. At Bowling Green, testing is voluntary.

Does anyone know what NU's policy is?