Two-thirds of millionaires left Britain to avoid 50p tax rate

How much leverage do they have now?

". . . it will be easy to replace the job they were trying to give me."

If that's true . . . they probably don't care. At what point would you say no to further pay cuts? Or would you just keep bending over while the CEO was given giant raises?

Translation....."I'll live off unemployment and government programs till I find a job". If that's me...no thanks. But, that's just me.

Unemployment is over 8% with the economy still struggling to come out of the tank. A job while trying to find a job is better than no job at all. But...hey....that's just me.

Translation....."I'll live off unemployment and government programs till I find a job".

I'm sure that you're more familiar with these employees than the employees themselves.

Do you regret your decisions at Hostess? ;)

Translation: Those 47 percenters wouldn't bend over for a pay cut from $48,000 to $24,000 . . . and they're probably lazy moochers who voted for Obama anyways. :lol:

“Remember how I said I made $48,000 in 2005 and $34,000 last year? I would make $25,000 in five years if I took their offer. It will be hard to replace the job I had, but it will be easy to replace the job they were trying to give me.”

How many people would take a nearly 50% cut in pay over the next five years and be happy about it? If I were in a similar position I'd probably accept it and immediately start shopping for a new job.

It's hard to understand how a company with such brand recognition could go under.

“Remember how I said I made $48,000 in 2005 and $34,000 last year? I would make $25,000 in five years if I took their offer. It will be hard to replace the job I had, but it will be easy to replace the job they were trying to give me.”

How many people would take a nearly 50% cut in pay over the next five years and be happy about it? If I were in a similar position I'd probably accept it and immediately start shopping for a new job.

It's hard to understand how a company with such brand recognition could go under.

I agree. I would accept it (so at least I have a job) and start looking for a new one.

Companies with major brand names go under all the time. Tastes change. If a company doesn't change with those tastes, it is doomed.

I would make sure they sink the Titanic just like they did. The workers already gave up pay. The execs wanted them to agree to make less than $12 an hour. I would want to make sure the whole operation was going to go down in flames. Maybe I'm just a vindictive ahole. You can find a job making $11 an hour anywhere, just see the posters on the next drivethru you go through.

As to the company sinking, it was mostly about bad management, with a side of blame for the sugar lobby. I'm fairly certain all the upper management at Hostess had little to no real background in a food maker/distributor. Its common place to hire the guys who make the decisions from outside the company, often with other 'management experience' though as often as not that means the rats were fleeing the ship they were at before. It gets more and more rare to have top dogs at companies who actually rose through the ranks, and understand who the business actually operates on a day to day level. A business degree and a spread sheet can not tell you this info.

I would make sure they sink the Titanic just like they did. The workers already gave up pay. The execs wanted them to agree to make less than $12 an hour. I would want to make sure the whole operation was going to go down in flames. Maybe I'm just a vindictive ahole. You can find a job making $11 an hour anywhere, just see the posters on the next drivethru you go through.

As to the company sinking, it was mostly about bad management, with a side of blame for the sugar lobby. I'm fairly certain all the upper management at Hostess had little to no real background in a food maker/distributor. Its common place to hire the guys who make the decisions from outside the company, often with other 'management experience' though as often as not that means the rats were fleeing the ship they were at before. It gets more and more rare to have top dogs at companies who actually rose through the ranks, and understand who the business actually operates on a day to day level. A business degree and a spread sheet can not tell you this info.

If this is the case, why is unemployment over 8%?

If this is the case, why is unemployment over 8%?

1 - Some people refuse to work for that wage. That amounts to less than 25k. a year.

2 - Some people has such negative work history they can not get past the vetting process. Or get fired quickly.

3 - Some people refuse to work the type of job this often is.

4 - Some people, believe it or not, lack the skills for even these level jobs.