Obnoxious Fan

An observation I made last night during the VB game.......

It's great to cheer on the Huskers, but I would prefer the Husker fan who yelled constantly during last nights VB match would stay home this evening. There is a point where you need to draw the line with your Husker spirit. This young man was very disrepectful to the fans around him. He is sitting alone...not with friends...and does nothing but constantly is yelling "Go Huskers" or "Go Big Red". He was asked several times by fans around him to tone it down, but he apparently didn't understand. People were plugging their ears with their fingers and others were covering their ears up with their hands. This young man has no manners and should not be granted a ticket to any Husker events. He was located right behind the score table several rows up. If you know who this young student is, please tell him to show respect to those around him this evening.

No profanity or anything? Just yelling "Go Huskers" or "Go Big Red"? Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with that. That's what you do at sports events, isn't it? Cheer and yell for your team. But maybe that's just me . . .

• Fire 1

You don't understand....this was beyond cheering for your team. It was just obnoxious. Very difficult for some people to watch and enjoy the game. Everytime the ball came to the Husker side he would yell on every hit "GO"..."BIG"..."RED". Never quit once. Did it all three sets. I love fans with spirit. I love cheering at sporting events. But this was beyond normal. Its obvious why he came to the game by himself. I doubt he has any friends who will sit with him. I saw the one woman plead to him at the start of the third set to tone it down. He shook his head like he understood...but one play later his booming voice was full strength. I felt sorry for the fans around him.

Here is an example of what I saw...."Now serving Hannah Werth!"

Crowd.."Werth!"

Fan: "Werth!" "Go Big Red!" Go Hannah" "Go Huskers" (Ball in play) "Go Huskers" "Gooooo Biiiig Redddd!"

It was very disturbing.

You don't understand....this was beyond cheering for your team. It was just obnoxious. Very difficult for some people to watch and enjoy the game. Everytime the ball came to the Husker side he would yell on every hit "GO"..."BIG"..."RED". Never quit once. Did it all three sets. I love fans with spirit. I love cheering at sporting events. But this was beyond normal. Its obvious why he came to the game by himself. I doubt he has any friends who will sit with him. I saw the one woman plead to him at the start of the third set to tone it down. He shook his head like he understood...but one play later his booming voice was full strength. I felt sorry for the fans around him.

Here is an example of what I saw...."Now serving Hannah Werth!"

Crowd.."Werth!"

Fan: "Werth!" "Go Big Red!" Go Hannah" "Go Huskers" (Ball in play) "Go Huskers" "Gooooo Biiiig Redddd!"

It was very disturbing.

are you a Maryland Eastern-Shore fan? :P

Did he have dark almost black hair?? When my sister went to southeast there was a kid who went to EVERY single game (basketball being his favorite I believe) and he cheers nonstop. He has a learning disability and I know in the past year or two I have him at several husker events... So maybe he has moved from the high school level to college when he graduated.

Regardless I got 4 single tickets so me and my friends will be spread out in the crowd tonight hopefully watching another sweep!

• 7 months later...

I know who this young man is. Saw him first at a NE soccer match. Have also seen, and heard him at Lady Husker BB games as well as VB matches. While it may be somewhat annoying to some, he pays his way in to these contests and as long as he's not being inappropriate with his cheering, has a right to yell all he wants. Personally, I'd rather people like him attend these contests than all those who seemingly sit on their hands with duct tape over their mouths.