Martinez improved this year, but he needs to take a seat on the bench if he cant' stop fumbling

Not that this disaster was TMart's fault, but no successful program can continue to give away 2-3 turnovers a game to the other team and expect to be a top program. At this point I would be SHOCKED to see a game with no Martinez fumbles. I'm glad his passing mechanics have improved, but if he can't stop the incesssant fumbling then put him at WR and bring start the Armstrong Era.

• Fire 2

Not that this disaster was TMart's fault, but no successful program can continue to give away 2-3 turnovers a game to the other team and expect to be a top program. At this point I would be SHOCKED to see a game with no Martinez fumbles. I'm glad his passing mechanics have improved, but if he can't stop the incesssant fumbling then put him at WR and bring start the Armstrong Era.

Because we have a guarantee that Tommy is better at holding onto the football than Taylor.

Because we have a guarantee that Tommy is better at holding onto the football than Taylor.

Not a guarantee... but it's pretty pathetic that Taylor has led the FBS in fumbles for all three years he's played... Taylor is amazing, but this is beyond insane. He's gotta get a handle on keeping the football

• Fire 1

We've got pretty good odds that he's not going to lead FBS in fumbles every year he plays.

And stupid passes. He rolled out of the pocket and nothing was there, but he didn't have the common sense to throw it out of bounds. Instead, he threw it right into obvious coverage for a pick. I couldn't believe he would make such a dumb choice after he's had time to develop. If the play's not there, throw it away. Even taking the sack would have been better.

I was yelling at Pelini to bench him.

It isn't that Taylor isn't any good. The problem is, he was rattled beyond belief. You've got to get him off the field for a series and tell him to get his sh--t together. We fumble, and we continue to fumble, because there's no accountability for doing it.

This is the telling thing for me. Nebraska gets 20 points down, 30 points down, 40 points down, and they change nothing. They run the same offensive plays, they use the same personnel, they use the same schemes. Nebraska didn't try anything different at all.

Really, how about getting your backup QB some snaps anyway. You are five touchdowns down, what the hell's the difference?

Guarantee?? How about the odds that not a single player in the country fumbles more than Tmart for three years in a row? Yeah I'd take the "chance" that armstrong falls into the category of...everyone other than TMart...in his ability to hold on to the ball.

• Fire 2

I was yelling at Pelini to bench him.

It isn't that Taylor isn't any good. The problem is, he was rattled beyond belief.

Yeah.......benching a quarterback helps reassure him and get rid of the rattled play. eyeswear2allthatsholy

Some of the stuff you guys are coming up with tonight >>>>>

This is the telling thing for me. Nebraska gets 20 points down, 30 points down, 40 points down, and they change nothing. They run the same offensive plays, they use the same personnel, they use the same schemes. Nebraska didn't try anything different at all.

Yes that was a sight to behold--we're down by several light-years, and we come out with an offense that looks like it's trying to burn the clock

Guarantee?? How about the odds that not a single player in the country fumbles more than Tmart for three years in a row? Yeah I'd take the "chance" that armstrong falls into the category of...everyone other than TMart...in his ability to hold on to the ball.

I didn't think it was actually necessary, but lets say Tommy fumbles less. Let's say he fumbles a lot less. Do we also have a guarantee that he can throw the ball as well, run the ball as well, rally the team as a leader, play from behind and make as good of or better decisions?

Because if not (and the answer is no, there is no guarantee), then statements like "Taylor needs to sit on the bench if x or y" without any thought as to who would play instead of him are unwarranted and baseless.