What happened?!

Junior4949- THANK YOU. This is exactly what I am looking for. Can't find years of loyal fan insight on Wikipedia. What does everyone think should happen to get you all back on track?

the only way the huskers will get back on track is if we continue talking about what the huskers need to do to get back on track right here on huskerboard.

• Fire 1

Junior4949- THANK YOU. This is exactly what I am looking for. Can't find years of loyal fan insight on Wikipedia. What does everyone think should happen to get you all back on track?

To put things in perfect perspective: Callahan from 2004-2007 was our Ray Goff, Pelini from 2008-present is our Jim Donnan minus the good recruiting and ponzi schemes. Make sense now?

At this juncture, we really can't afford to do anything other than hope TO's second choice for HC pans out. There's not a lot of successes to be had with a coaching carousel unless we go out and get a Saban or Meyer. I don't think we have the type of administration that will allow this to happen.

Part of the problem here lies with the fact that people like you only remember the domination of the 90's. Fans like me who are getting up there in age remember the times and games when TO looked completely clueless. TO never had a game where the score got quite out of hand like it did last weekend, but he had a number of losses where the game really wasn't very close. TO and the skers were the butt of many a joke especially during the eight year bowl loss streak. However, TO kept tweaking things and changing things until we finally arrived to the 90's. There's probably a lot more similarities between Bo and TO than most realize. I'm just not sure Bo gets as long of tenure to reach the success of the 90's.

Also, what happened to their fired up, passionate fan base? After reading a few of these threads, you all act like freaking Eyore off of Winnie the Pooh!!!

We have a rather fragile sense of confidence in the team. Lots of highs and lows. Big swings back and forth. We may have ruled the world back in the day, but now we're in our older, menopausal years :lol:

Seriously though, one bad play during a game and everyone freaks the hell out. We're walking on needles here. I think it's partly a byproduct of the instant feedback internet era.

Passion from the fans is still there....just look at this board.

What concerns me is our Defense

We used to be feared and nobody liked to play Nebraska.

I used to enjoy reading the other teams quotes after they played us.

We were the most physically team on the field win or lose.

And the next morning everybody that played against us knew they just played Nebraska.

I would really like to see the Blackshirts get some swag back.

Our hardest hitting player is on the offensive side of the ball.

(Ring the Bell)

There are many Husker fans on this message board that surely know they need to stand up and do jumping jacks, as this is the quickest way to rid oneself of a sandy mangina. The internal sniping is at all time highs... and even the perennial lithmus test of fandom known as Knapplc is grumpy... the sun is cold in Nebraska at the moment.

As for what went wrong, it's all about money (imo). You pay to play (at the top). Until Nebraska opens the checkbook and begins paying for coaching talent (meaning asst. coaches and coordinators) we're going to be second tier (i.e. top 25 but not top 10). Never completely horrible, but never quite great. Football Purgatory.

By the way, second tier would put us right next to Georgia I believe... When was the last time Georgia was actually involved with the National Championship Game, or even beat a team it shouldn't have? And based upon talent alone, I think this would more negatively reflect on Georgia than Nebraska. So what's been happening with y'all? Shouldn't this type of "trolling" be reserved for teams that have recently won NC trophies, like Florida or Alabama. :)

GBR

Can we at least join hands and admit that it's difficult and rare to achieve Nebraska Football's 40 years of consistent excellence, and that the past 10 seasons -- while comparatively disappointing -- would still be considered winning football at the vast majority of universities.

Or to look at it another way, can you find a "powerhouse program" that has had fewer and shallower troughs than Nebraska?

Can we at least join hands and admit that it's difficult and rare to achieve Nebraska Football's 40 years of consistent excellence, and that the past 10 seasons -- while comparatively disappointing -- would still be considered winning football at the vast majority of universities.

Or to look at it another way, can you find a "powerhouse program" that has had fewer and shallower troughs than Nebraska?

when you're 3 worse seasons are 7-7, 5-6, and 5-7 - but the first is bookened by 10-2 and 10-3, the second by 10-3 and 8-4, and the third by 9-4 and 9-4...it isn't all bad that's for sure.

however, we just seem to have peaked, which is worrying. we're a 4 loss, 25ish team every year now. unfortunately that's a recipe for maintaining the status quo. that butt whooping by Wisconsin, followed by a pounding at the hands of Georgia could have a positive impact on this program if it can force and abandoment of the status quo. at 9-10 wins it's tough to walk away from what's "working". a couple season ending beat downs might benefit the team long term.

• Fire 1

I think being able to sign 35 recruits every year like your conference does would be a good start.

i dn't think that's happened in the SEC for a couple years. Certainly not at Georgia.

....actually I take that back - looks like they have 30 committed already this year, A&M 32. I thought they put a stop to that a couple years ago. And wasn't Richt one of the big supporters of putting limits on it?