UGA vs UN, A c$%k's Perspective

Huskers, you made it to the Big10 Championship like I predicted in my preseason thread, congratulations! Then you got #clemsoned and I didn't see that coming. Now you're going back to Orlando for a good bowl game. Here's my perspective on your upcoming matchup with UGA.

UGA is a balanced offense, but the slightly favor the run with 2 RB's who have break away speed. They rank 42nd in rushing offense.

Murray throws for a lot of yards, but I don't know where his head is at after the SECCG meltdown when he ran off the field w/o shaking hands. They rank 33rd in passing offense.

Their defense has NFL potential everywhere, but how many of those guys are already thinking about the combine and not this game? UGA's 3-4 system is easier to run on than a 4-3 system. They rank 78th in rushing defense and 8th in passing defense.

Where UGA is significantly better than y'all is in turnover margin, they are 20th and y'all are 105th. Other than that, both teams are relatively close in a lot of categories.

Both teams have a lot of upper-classmen playing in this game, but quite frankly UGA has more players projected at higher picks in the NFL draft. This could play into UN's favor though, b/c they have guys still trying to advance their draft potential.

As evenly matched as these teams are statistically, I think that whoever wins the turnover battle and avg's more yards per carry will win the game. I think both teams are going to want to run the ball a lot, knowing that the other team's rushing defense ranked below avg.

An XFactor that UN has for this game is that you are ranked, which seems to be kryptonite for UGA and Murray. They've only beaten 1 ranked team in 3 years.

I think 34-27 in favor of UGA is a fair prediction, unless the kryptonite takes hold and their players are looking towards the combine.

Huskers, you made it to the Big10 Championship like I predicted in my preseason thread, congratulations! Then you got #clemsoned and I didn't see that coming. Now you're going back to Orlando for a good bowl game. Here's my perspective on your upcoming matchup with UGA.

UGA is a balanced offense, but the slightly favor the run with 2 RB's who have break away speed. They rank 42nd in rushing offense.

Murray throws for a lot of yards, but I don't know where his head is at after the SECCG meltdown when he ran off the field w/o shaking hands. They rank 33rd in passing offense.

Their defense has NFL potential everywhere, but how many of those guys are already thinking about the combine and not this game? UGA's 3-4 system is easier to run on than a 4-3 system. They rank 78th in rushing defense and 8th in passing defense.

Where UGA is significantly better than y'all is in turnover margin, they are 20th and y'all are 105th. Other than that, both teams are relatively close in a lot of categories.

Both teams have a lot of upper-classmen playing in this game, but quite frankly UGA has more players projected at higher picks in the NFL draft. This could play into UN's favor though, b/c they have guys still trying to advance their draft potential.

As evenly matched as these teams are statistically, I think that whoever wins the turnover battle and avg's more yards per carry will win the game. I think both teams are going to want to run the ball a lot, knowing that the other team's rushing defense ranked below avg.

An XFactor that UN has for this game is that you are ranked, which seems to be kryptonite for UGA and Murray. They've only beaten 1 ranked team in 3 years.

I think 34-27 in favor of UGA is a fair prediction, unless the kryptonite takes hold and their players are looking towards the combine.

I think that is a fair assessment in alot of ways. I agree that alot of players start looking ahead to the draft with the HUGE break in games. I also feel that we are gonna have alot of guys feeling that they have to prove something. I think Murray is gonna have his head in the game, he knows you guys should have beat Alabama. We have a great pass Defense but we really stuggle with the run. This is usually with running QB's. I dont expect the same thing to happen to us in the bowl game that happened in the CCG. We usually prepare well for running backs. I could see us playing you close but I could also see us melting down with turnovers and UGA running away with the game.

I think that is a fair assessment in alot of ways. I agree that alot of players start looking ahead to the draft with the HUGE break in games. I also feel that we are gonna have alot of guys feeling that they have to prove something. I think Murray is gonna have his head in the game, he knows you guys should have beat Alabama. We have a great pass Defense but we really stuggle with the run. This is usually with running QB's. I dont expect the same thing to happen to us in the bowl game that happened in the CCG. We usually prepare well for running backs. I could see us playing you close but I could also see us melting down with turnovers and UGA running away with the game.

Oh no, just to be clear, I'm a Gamecock, not a lowly bulldog.

LOL my bad, I woud hate to be looked at as a fan of anyone else in he BIG so sorry about that!!!! I will tell you that I went to a game in Athens about 4 years ago for the Border War when you guys beat UGA...... I loved it!!!!

Welcome back. Nice to have another fans perspective. Good stuff. TO's are our kryptonite. I agree is we TO more will lose. I also think a lot depends on what our OC Beck calls. Last year, against y'all, had we not given up the Hail Mary I think it would have been a completely different games! We seem to be able to come back in games as evidenced this season, but it is those kick in the nuts plays (hail mary, Miller's run this year and the Wisky 1st TD run). If we limit "highlight reel" plays I think we can make this a game if not win. If they put up some PS3 style run we seem to go into a hole we can't get out of.

Any word on Marcus? Solid kid.

LOL my bad, I woud hate to be looked at as a fan of anyone else in he BIG so sorry about that!!!! I will tell you that I went to a game in Athens about 4 years ago for the Border War when you guys beat UGA...... I loved it!!!!

No worries. We're excited about out matchup with UGA next year in Athens. We've won 2 of the last 3 games there, the last 3 consecutive matchups, and this game will set a new record for consecutive wins against UGA and pull Spurrier ahead of Richt in their head to head matchup. Next year we'll be returning 9 starters on offense and they are losing 10+ on defense, so we are going to rip through them again.

Welcome back. Nice to have another fans perspective. Good stuff. TO's are our kryptonite. I agree is we TO more will lose. I also think a lot depends on what our OC Beck calls. Last year, against y'all, had we not given up the Hail Mary I think it would have been a completely different games! We seem to be able to come back in games as evidenced this season, but it is those kick in the nuts plays (hail mary, Miller's run this year and the Wisky 1st TD run). If we limit "highlight reel" plays I think we can make this a game if not win. If they put up some PS3 style run we seem to go into a hole we can't get out of.

If Alshon didn't have that TD to end the 1st half, it would have been different, I agree. That 1 play seemed to suck the air out of 1/2 the stadium. Then our defense just went all out the 2nd half.

Marcus had his surgery, everything went well and he's currently rehabbing the injury. While there has been no official report citing the extent of damage and the specific ligaments/tendons torn, we all could see from the replay that it's a nasty injury. The latest "word" came from an article by Phil Kornblut in his interview with RB recruit David Williams. Williams told Phil that the USC coaches didn't think Marcus was coming back next season (which would make since since his injury happened later in this past season.) Marcus told Gamecock Nation on Youtube that he would be back to play at USC. So there are mixed messages, and we might not know until IF his draft paperwork is turned in.

I could see him trying to enter the draft this year and getting paid to rehab on a pro roster, but his pick/earning potential will take a hit. Honestly I think he'd be lucky to be picked up in the 3rd or earlier rounds. He very well might still take a full season to rehab and come into the 2014 draft or USC season.

If Alshon didn't have that TD to end the 1st half, it would have been different, I agree. That 1 play seemed to suck the air out of 1/2 the stadium. Then our defense just went all out the 2nd half.

Marcus had his surgery, everything went well and he's currently rehabbing the injury. While there has been no official report citing the extent of damage and the specific ligaments/tendons torn, we all could see from the replay that it's a nasty injury. The latest "word" came from an article by Phil Kornblut in his interview with RB recruit David Williams. Williams told Phil that the USC coaches didn't think Marcus was coming back next season (which would make since since his injury happened later in this past season.) Marcus told Gamecock Nation on Youtube that he would be back to play at USC. So there are mixed messages, and we might not know until IF his draft paperwork is turned in.

I could see him trying to enter the draft this year and getting paid to rehab on a pro roster, but his pick/earning potential will take a hit. Honestly I think he'd be lucky to be picked up in the 3rd or earlier rounds. He very well might still take a full season to rehab and come into the 2014 draft or USC season.

Good news about Marcus.

I call SC home and wife is a Clempson grad (spell it like it sounds!) so I enjoy watching USC and Clemson as well. In-Laws and my family are all USC fans. Been to a few games there at Williams Bryce. I like Cola. Nice place.

When did the UN get a football team?

I have a list of teams I loath. SC and Clemson are not on that list. I enjoy talking football with other fans. I do not believe in the whole "internet tough guy" so I feel no reason to be an a$$ on an anonymous BB.

Humor is banned thank you "Internet tough guy" glad we have you to set the rules and monitor our terrible posts!

When did the UN get a football team?

I have a list of teams I loath. SC and Clemson are not on that list. I enjoy talking football with other fans. I do not believe in the whole "internet tough guy" so I feel no reason to be an a$$ on an anonymous BB.

Humor is banned thank you "Internet tough guy" glad we have you to set the rules and monitor our terrible posts!

You read it wrong. My apologies. If folks want to banter back and forth have at it. What you and others want to do is up to you. It is an internet board. Enjoy it. I just try not to get dragged into the BS that sometimes gets started. That's just me. Not saying you are an internet tough guy nor accusing you. Just explaining my reason for being hospitable to a fan from another board.

We know you're from the south. You dont have to type "y'all" everywhere to say so much.

It's probably not an affectation. I've lived and worked in Birmingham for most of my adult life, and I've seen it used in all kinds of writing. Hell, I've seen it used in business correspondence from MBAs. I don't even notice it anymore.

I'm from Missouri and we use it all the time. It's more of a rural thing than a southern thing to me (The use of y'all). Thanks for the overview Cin the Ear. I have a feeling this is going to be a really good football game! Welcome back and visit us again sometime! We love talking football here with y'all! ;)