Lavonte David vs Manti Te'o

stats are only part of it. There are two big reasons: his team is number one, but even bigger than that is that he plays for Notre Dame. Don't discount the publicity that playing for Notre Dame gave Teo. A more apt debate would be Te'o vs. Suh and I would have raised hell had Teo won it.

The right person won the heisman last night, just as the right person won the heisman the year before that, and the year before that. Johnny Football, RG3, and Cam Newton are gifts from God to fans of college football. I enjoyed watching all three play.

stats are only part of it. There are two big reasons: his team is number one, but even bigger than that is that he plays for Notre Dame. Don't discount the publicity that playing for Notre Dame gave Teo. A more apt debate would be Te'o vs. Suh and I would have raised hell had Teo won it.

The right person won the heisman last night, just as the right person won the heisman the year before that, and the year before that. Johnny Football, RG3, and Cam Newton are gifts from God to fans of college football. I enjoyed watching all three play.

I'm not saying that RG3 didn't deserve to win, or Cam Newton either. I'm just pointing out that I can't believe that Te'o was voted second this year and I don't think he even holds a candle to what David did for us both years that he played for us.

------------------Compton-----Te'o

Total Tackles:---101---------103

Unassisted:-------31-----------52

Assisted:----------70-----------51

Interceptions:-----0-------------7

TFL:--------------6-28-------5.5-19

Sacks:-----------3-26--------1.5-13

QB Hurries:-------3-------------4

Passes Br. Up:----7-------------4

Interceptions and Unassisted are the only things that really stand out for Manti.

To further prove the point of his undeserving-ness.

In my opinion, it might be because Notre Dame had so many spotlight games throughout the year that it seemed like every week the spotlight was on Te'o.

Spotlight yes. But only as a result of the fact that most of their games were much closer than they shouldve been, against mediocre to bad competition.

Stanford, Oklahoma, Michigan, USC(iffy)

That's a pretty tough line up that we sure as hell didn't face.

Huh?

Interceptions and Unassisted are the only things that really stand out for Manti.

In my opinion, it might be because Notre Dame had so many spotlight games throughout the year that it seemed like every week the spotlight was on Te'o.

Spotlight yes. But only as a result of the fact that most of their games were much closer than they shouldve been, against mediocre to bad competition.

Huh?

Notre Dame's schedule....

If you're implying that Michigan is not all that great, they are by far a top 25 team.

Huh?

Notre Dame's schedule....

If you're implying that Michigan is not all that great, they are by far a top 25 team.

Yes but we played Michigan as well.

We beat Michigan worse than notre Dame did. How's come Compton wasnt up for the Hiesman? What about Pitt? Purdue? Boston College? BYU? Do those games get the spotlight they got if Notre Dame wins the way they shouldve as a top level team? Probably not. They wound up being near upsets, which is why they got the talk they did. But yes, Notre Dame did play a very rough schedule.

We beat Michigan worse than notre Dame did. How's come Compton wasnt up for the Hiesman? What about Pitt? Purdue? Boston College? BYU? Do those games get the spotlight they got if Notre Dame wins the way they shouldve as a top level team? Probably not. They wound up being near upsets, which is why they got the talk they did. But yes, Notre Dame did play a very rough schedule.

No more rough than ours.

Manti Te'o had 4 years of building up his hype and statistics. Lavonte David had 2 years.

Level the playing field and David would outshine Te'o.

That is very true. I think David would have really benefited from being at Nebraska for four years instead of two. I really feel that he didn't get any attention that first year because he was virtually unknown, but that theory also took a big hit when a freshman won the Heisman on Saturday!

Teo may not even be the best player on that Notre Dame defense. One could argue that Louis Nix, their NT, is actually a better/more important player than Manti. Manti is a decent player, with some average LB stats. But he plays for Notre Dame, and every East Coast beatwriter has some fetish for Notre Dame and their "star" player.

I'm just glad he didn't win the damn trophy. It wouldve been a crime against humanity to see him win it, and have to hear Kirk and Brent gush over him the entire MNC game. Can't wait to see Lacy and Yeldon run over, through, and around him.

• Fire 1

Bottome line is the Hiesman is a complete joke anymore. Cowherd said it best this morning. The people that get excited and take the Heisman seriously are same ones that get for the Pro Bowl and Home Run derby.

I couldn't agree more. I can still remember when the Heisman was actually given to the best player in college football that particular year. I felt like they got it wrong every once and a while, but they usually did a pretty good job of voting the right person. I would agree though that it has turned in to a joke.