Lavonte David vs Manti Te'o

I have no idea if anyone has already brought this up, but if Te'o was considered for the Heisman this year, why didn't David get more love. I'm not trying to take anything away from Te'o, but I'm just trying to understand. Is it because it's kind of a more down year for playmakers than it was a couple of years ago. Here are some side by side stats between David in his best year 2010, and Te'o this year.

Total Tackles: David (152) Te'o (103) Winner: David

Unassisted: David (84) Te'o (52) Winner: David

Interceptions: David (2) Te'o (7) Winner: Te'o

Tackles for loss: David (15 for 60 yards) Te'o (5.5 for 19 yards) Winner: David

Sacks: David (6 for 50 yards) Te'o (1.5 for 13 yards) Winner: David

QB Hurries: David (7) Te'o (4) Winner: David

Passes Broken up: David (10) Te'o (4) Winner: David

I could go on, but I don't think I need to. So, what's everyones thoughts? I was thinking about this a lot last night as I was watching the trophy presentation.

I thought about this when Teo came into the picture. David is the better college football player, and anyone who says Teo will be the better player on the next level obviously does not watch the NFL. David already has the head set for the Bucs to call the defensive signals and btw, I believe he lead the team in tackles last year and is on track to do it again? Numbers guys can check my work.

So if Teo gets into the nfl and leads his team in tackles the first season and is designated captain to call plays within his first 2 years, then I guess T is the better linebacker on the Pro level, but I guarantee it doesn't happen.

Ndame has limped through this season and got lucky breaks, they are just a solid team with no HUGE headlining names. Obviously the media hypemen have to find some kind of positive in their team.

I have no idea if anyone has already brought this up, but if Te'o was considered for the Heisman this year, why didn't David get more love. I'm not trying to take anything away from Te'o, but I'm just trying to understand. Is it because it's kind of a more down year for playmakers than it was a couple of years ago. Here are some side by side stats between David in his best year 2010, and Te'o this year.

I could go on, but I don't think I need to. So, what's everyones thoughts? I was thinking about this a lot last night as I was watching the trophy presentation.

I thought about this when Teo came into the picture. David is the better college football player, and anyone who says Teo will be the better player on the next level obviously does not watch the NFL. David already has the head set for the Bucs to call the defensive signals and btw, I believe he lead the team in tackles last year and is on track to do it again? Numbers guys can check my work.

So if Teo gets into the nfl and leads his team in tackles the first season and is designated captain to call plays within his first 2 years, then I guess T is the better linebacker on the Pro level, but I guarantee it doesn't happen.

Ndame has limped through this season and got lucky breaks, they are just a solid team with no HUGE headlining names. Obviously the media hypemen have to find some kind of positive in their team.

LaVonte is a rookie THIS year. Of course that makes your points about him that much more remarkable.

What really hurts is comparing him to Suh.

He was the best player in the NCAA that year. Period. In one game he took a player that finished higher than him in the polling and made him his bitch.

Being the best player doesn't matter to the voters. What matters normally is that your team plays for the MNC or you have a good story. It also helps if you don't play for Nebraska. Just ask Tommie Frazier.

I disagree. He was dominant in every BIG game, but it was not the case for every game his senior year. People seem to have a selective memory and remember the Texas game...but simply forget the TT game as well as a few others.

He was the best player in the NCAA that year. Period. In one game he took a player that finished higher than him in the polling and made him his bitch.

Being the best player doesn't matter to the voters. What matters normally is that your team plays for the MNC or you have a good story. It also helps if you don't play for Nebraska. Just ask Tommie Frazier.

I disagree. He was dominant in every BIG game, but it was not the case for every game his senior year. People seem to have a selective memory and remember the Texas game...but simply forget the TT game as well as a few others.

Which actually helps his case even more. Its more about what you do in the big games. There is no doubt he was the best player that year. It wasn't really close either. There hasn't been a player like him since he was drafted. The guys who have been in the running for the heisman in the last few years besides RG3 and Luck are second tier players compared to Suh.

LaVonte is a rookie THIS year. Of course that makes your points about him that much more remarkable.

d= D

Suh was dominant against Tech too. People forget that Tech actually scored 24 points offensively, and our defense held them to under 300 yards TOTAL OFFENSE, and were the only ones to do so in like a 3 year stretch or something like that. Suh lived in the Tech backfield and was harassing their quarterback all day. If there was a game that year that Suh had a "let down" it woulda been the Kansas game, when the offense actually had to bail out the D at the end. Kansas took their best all american tackle and moved him to guard simply to match up to Suh. Suh was not very productive that day.

• Fire 1

Actually I remember I think it was the Texas Tech guard that stood out in how well he handled Suh, and was the one case all year where a guy did that. Forget his name.

You must be thinking of the Kansas game then, because if it was the only case, it was definitely Kansas. That game was the week after the defense's 100 play performance against Oklahoma, and the talk was that our defense was just a bit tired.

According to NFL.com's stats page, Lavonte David is 5th in the NFL with 117 total tackles.

And yes he was the guy calling the defenses on the field his first game out as a rookie this year.

After reading everything about Suh, David and even some other defensive players, I think it just goes to show that the Heisman is turning into a popularity contest and a lot of the sports writers around the nation have a major Jones for Notre Dame. If Te'o would have played for Nebraska this year, he wouldn't have even been considered or invited to the ceremony. I just get tired of a lot of people having this weird fascination with Notre Dame.

On a tangent to the topic, I have read a few peoples stats about David in the NFL and I agree that I love watching him dominate there too! I am quickly losing interest in pro sports because of over paid, whiny players but I can still stand to watch the NFL and I love seeing former Huskers dominate!

I am quickly losing interest in pro sports because of over paid, whiny players but I can still stand to watch the NFL and I love seeing former Huskers dominate!

I used to be an NFL fanatic. Nowadays I find myself not giving a sh#t until December rolls around - once the NCAA season comes to an end.

Baseball and Basketball could cease to exist at the pro level tomorrow, and I'd probably barely notice.

And is hockey even a thing anymore? I haven't heard anything hockey related in years, and I usually only listen to sports radio in my car. It seems like ESPN is trying to push soccer these days to replace hockey, but I'm not so sure that's even an actual sport.