Joe Carter

gbr93

This thought just popped into my head... Do you guys think he could have been better utilized at the DT position? I personally think he is much better suited to play the role that Cam has been playing lately. He is bigger, stronger, and more explosive. It just seems like he could have had a much better career here and he could have fit in a little better there since he wasn't blessed with much quickness. He showed his ability to penetrate the line on those two runs against Wisconsin, but that wasn't his job while playing DE. Just wandering what you guys think....

Carter and Ankrah were basically the only two players, in the CCG, not getting pushed back 5-10 yards. If he would have suited best at DT, I am sure Bo or even Coach Kaz would have had no problem making that adjustment, if Carter was willing to do it.

There are kids every year that go into a program, that are suppose to be big players, but most of them don't pan out. Either due to injury, or their incapability to play at the collegiate level. I am just glad we are a school who won't pull a scholarship because a kid doesn't live up to the expectations they were suppose to. One great thing about Bo, he believes in having an education.

Carter and Ankrah were basically the only two players, in the CCG, not getting pushed back 5-10 yards. If he would have suited best at DT, I am sure Bo or even Coach Kaz would have had no problem making that adjustment, if Carter was willing to do it.

There are kids every year that go into a program, that are suppose to be big players, but most of them don't pan out. Either due to injury, or their incapability to play at the collegiate level. I am just glad we are a school who won't pull a scholarship because a kid doesn't live up to the expectations they were suppose to. One great thing about Bo, he believes in having an education.

Even Antonio Bell who quit midseason is having his scholarship fully-honored, correct?

At some point in time, things will come back around. Players will start to see these things going on, and the more ethical programs and coaches will start to rise over the supposed "unethical" ones.

If I m a top recruit being courted by all the top dogs in the SEC, even if I'm from Bama or Lousiana, I'm second guessing going to any of them places knowing how they do business, knowing that if I blow out my knee on any given day, I may be kicked to the curb without the opportunity to even finish my education under scholarship. Now I know we dont the exact extent of what really happens, but it's safe to say that the high amount of publicized speculation points to a lot of unethical things going on. Over time, this will begin to bite them in the ass, I believe.

They weren't getting pushed back because the play was designed to not push them back so the runner could go around the end and it would clog the angle for LBs trying to tackle.

Even Antonio Bell who quit midseason is having his scholarship fully-honored, correct?

At some point in time, things will come back around. Players will start to see these things going on, and the more ethical programs and coaches will start to rise over the supposed "unethical" ones.

If I m a top recruit being courted by all the top dogs in the SEC, even if I'm from Bama or Lousiana, I'm second guessing going to any of them places knowing how they do business, knowing that if I blow out my knee on any given day, I may be kicked to the curb without the opportunity to even finish my education under scholarship. Now I know we dont the exact extent of what really happens, but it's safe to say that the high amount of publicized speculation points to a lot of unethical things going on. Over time, this will begin to bite them in the ass, I believe.

Bell's scholarship is still being honored, yes.

Your correct, and in an educational standpoint, you want to go with the best route, on who is going to be beneficial education and academic wise. Alabama and LSU, from what I hear, are 1 year scholarships for the most part, where you have to earn your next years. I think this is why they can have so many recruits every year.

There are kids going into collegiate sports, just to go pro and not worry about an education. I don't think we have a lot of that here, as mostly ever kid stays, even if they would have been an early round draft pick their Junior year. Suh and Crick are examples of the most recent that I know of.

They weren't getting pushed back because the play was designed to not push them back so the runner could go around the end and it would clog the angle for LBs trying to tackle.

But the play was to push our 270lb Rome back 15 yards but not to push back our DE's? I think the plan was to push back our whole Dline and get another lineman, FB or RB to get a block on a LB to prevent them from making a stop. Carter and Ankrah were the only two who had the size and power to not let this happen on an every snap basis.

But the play was to push our 270lb Rome back 15 yards but not to push back our DE's? I think the plan was to push back our whole Dline and get another lineman, FB or RB to get a block on a LB to prevent them from making a stop. Carter and Ankrah were the only two who had the size and power to not let this happen on an every snap basis.

Sometimes that is the case depending on the play. We had a play in high school based on this principle. Double down the nose/dt with c/g and get the tackle to go down to the LB, leaving the de untouched as the TE goes to the outside lb. The plan was that the DE would rush upfield. if he came upfield far enough, the FB was to read that and head for a safety, if not, he was to simply kick out the DE. most of the time, he just kicked out the DE. A presnap read on alignment was if the DE adjusted to line up father to the inside, well the TE would just block down on him, and the FB goes straight to the outside LB.

Sometimes guys are left unblocked. On trap plays, guards leave the man in front unblocked and go down to the LB, as the DT comes upfield he is trapped by the pull man from the other side. In Bo's D scheme, It's the DL's job the come across and initiate contact with the OL and keep them off the backers. We also played this type of scheme in high school and it was very effective. Our LB's were never touched.