Marrow to Kentucky

Honestly, if Marrow wants to go, he can go. No one here can say how well he has coached anyone, because Ron Brown formed Kyler Reed and Ben Cotton into who they are now, way before Marrow came along. Only way you can say for sure, is if your on the staff. I like the guy, and he has ties to Ohio, but its by far, far from the end of the world. Only benefit of Marrow we can vouch for, is recruiting.

StPaulHusker, I know it was said on Twitter, but if its not from a liable source, from a publisher or a University, I won't believe it just yet.

Hmm interesting. Sipple just tweeted that he had talked to Marrow and he confirmed that he was taking the job. But I also have a hard time believing that Marrow would not even give Bo a chance to sit down and talk about his future here

I am on his page right now and it says nothing about it. He re-tweets something about Sean Callahan thinking that Bo will do what it takes to work something out to get him on the staff.

Honestly, if Marrow wants to go, he can go. No one here can say how well he has coached anyone, because Ron Brown formed Kyler Reed and Ben Cotton into who they are now, way before Marrow came along. Only way you can say for sure, is if your on the staff. I like the guy, and he has ties to Ohio, but its by far, far from the end of the world. Only benefit of Marrow we can vouch for, is recruiting.

StPaulHusker, I know it was said on Twitter, but if its not from a liable source, from a publisher or a University, I won't believe it just yet.

I agree with you. I was just linking what I read.

He must have deleted it. But Marrow is at Kentucky and was quoted a minute ago saying he "cant believe his childhood friend got a head a coaching job" and is looking forward to turning around the kentucky program

If he was at Kentucky, wouldn't you think someone would have put the word out already, with this being as big of a deal as it is? Besides a deleted "tweet".

We have to OL coaches... One who is young, and can still become a good OL coach over time, and one who has given a lot to this university but just hasn't had the consistency of someone who should still be on our field staff. We can make the move to give Marrow a full time spot and given the fact that he's been such a god recruiter we could give him a TE/recruiter position that I honestly believe he'd be perfect for. If bo doesn't keep Marrow, it will be a huge loss in the long and short term.

well if true this really sucks and dont want to say the sky is falling but i just hope we dont see a domino effect happen.. both with recruits and potential recruits...... amazing to think this might set us back in recruiting.... i wonder if true how Bo let this get away..... was it impossible to stop??? i dont know

He must have deleted it. But Marrow is at Kentucky and was quoted a minute ago saying he "cant believe his childhood friend got a head a coaching job" and is looking forward to turning around the kentucky program

If he was at Kentucky, wouldn't you think someone would have put the word out already, with this being as big of a deal as it is? Besides a deleted "tweet".

Agreed. Just checked out the UK athletics website and there is nothing posted. They did announce a new OL coach today but it is not Marrow

well if true this really sucks and dont want to say the sky is falling but i just hope we dont see a domino effect happen.. both with recruits and potential recruits...... amazing to think this might set us back in recruiting.... i wonder if true how Bo let this get away..... was it impossible to stop??? i dont know

It was able to be stopped, Bo just would have had to give a qualified guy a full time job instead of still dicking him around as a GA...

Your asking Bo to fire a guy who has Nebraska #6 in rushing offense, for a guy who has yet to show his coaching abilities. Cotton is a strong recruit for the OL, and its shown. Look at Corey Whitacker, Givens-Price, Sterup and Thurston. Most of you guys probably forget how highly recruited some of these kids were. Marrow is only a loss in recruiting for TE wise, which we are fine at.

It was able to be stopped, Bo just would have had to give a qualified guy a full time job instead of still dicking him around as a GA...

What makes him qualify? As you, myself, or anyone else on this board don't know how well of a coach he is. Unless you are in the practices, or on the coaching staff, you don't know. Sure he has a tie to Ohio. He has helped with recruiting TWO recruits, one on the fence that no one knows if he was going to commit, and our newest commit Antoine.

I dont think there is any way that Bo would make Vince our ace recruiter without some sort of plan to keep him there long term. If Bo was not planning on making him a coach, well that's inexcusable and totally on Bo. Vince and Stoops grew up together and are childhood friends. He may have left purely for the reason of wanting to coach with his friend, Imo

He's been a good TE coach for multiple places now and we're seeing what he can do with recruiting. Just because our Rush O has been good, we get to forget how our Pass pro has been? Be realistic now, we can live with Cotton in the AD but it would really hurt this class if Marrow goes and future classes as well if the trend continued...