Gun Control

Roark

I think the Veep said the same thing:

http://www.latimes.c...,0,418551.story

http://www.pe.com/opinion/editorials-headlines/20130130-editorial-enforce-existing-gun-rules-before-demanding-more.ece

Politicians pass all these laws and then cut budgets to point at their constituency and say "Look what we did to make you safe" and save you tax dollars. The laugh is on the gullible.

I guess what I don't get is why do we need all these gun laws that are going to directly affect law abiding citizens? You think Joe Hoodrat is going to care if Obama and Biden pass an assault weapon ban? No, he's still going to have the "illegal" weapons in his possession with the ability to get more...

If they break those laws and get caught they'll be locked up. One more tool to use against the common criminal.

I don't really understand the "directly affect law abiding citizens" line of thinking. Will changes in the law require different behavior to comply with the law? Yes . . . probably. You can't simply say "this only applies to the bad people!"

Meaning, we have a very small but dangerous group of people in this country that obviously traffic guns to criminals.

What? What small but dangerous group is that?

Those guys are still going to find a way to get a gun.

Yes. And methamphetamine addicts are going to find a way to get methamphetamine so we should legalize meth.

Meaning, we have a very small but dangerous group of people in this country that obviously traffic guns to criminals.

What? What small but dangerous group is that?

Those guys are still going to find a way to get a gun.

Yes. And methamphetamine addicts are going to find a way to get methamphetamine so we should legalize meth.

Gun trafficking has been mentioned several times in this thread.

Also, who are you talking about here?

I thought he meant purchase restrictions . . . like a purchaser paying cash for ten ARs at a time in Tuscon . . .

Or, are you talking about the government handing large numbers of weapons over to drug cartels in Mexico? I would love for them to do back ground checks when they do that.

They are all framing the debate on the horrible tragedy in Connecticut. However, I think we can all agree that doing these back ground checks isn't going to do squat to stop some crazy person from walking into a school and blowing people away. Those guys are still going to find a way to get a gun.

everyone who has committed these mass shootings, which is the gun control most people are concerned with, have gotten there guns legally or from someone who has. we need to make it harder for those people to get guns.

also, maybe gun owners should have to purchase liability insurance. car owners do. then if you lawfully possess a gun, but live with someone who is mentally disturbed, you will take better care of securing your weapons.

So where is your evidence of this small but dangerous group? I was talking particularly about the straw purchasers on the border . . . I doubt that has much affect on the gentlemen that walks was talking about in Jersey.

I thought he meant purchase restrictions . . . like a purchaser paying cash for ten ARs at a time in Tuscon . . .

See above.

Or, are you talking about the government handing large numbers of weapons over to drug cartels in Mexico? I would love for them to do back ground checks when they do that.

Show me. You're not just repeating a conspiracy theory are you?

And we legalized alcohol. Liver disease is also in the top 10 morbidity hit list parade. Super Bowl ads disregarded.

I say "NO LAWS". Anarchy for all.

I'm covered:

http://dsc.discovery...gatling-gun.htm

Just let me get back to Butte County, SD, before you throw the anarchy switch...

do they have laws out in west river, anyway?

it's been 20 years since I've been home, but I think you still just need a drivers license for a rifle, not sure about a handgun...

So where is your evidence of this small but dangerous group? I was talking particularly about the straw purchasers on the border . . . I doubt that has much affect on the gentlemen that walks was talking about in Jersey.

See above. Who are you talking about in the quote?

Show me. You're not just repeating a conspiracy theory are you?

Seriously????

And we legalized alcohol. Liver disease is also in the top 10 morbidity hit list parade. Super Bowl ads disregarded.

I'm covered:

Just let me get back to Butte County, SD, before you throw the anarchy switch...

it's been 20 years since I've been home, but I think you still just need a drivers license for a rifle, not sure about a handgun...

i meant in general.

I'm covered:

i meant in general.

yeah, it's gotten a little worse with the transients heading up to Dickinson, ND due to the oil fields, but its still pretty quiet...