Gun Control

Roark

Actually no, they all have the proper paper work. Sadly my gun ownership is lacking. I finally got a few bucks to spend, and poof prices go through the roooooofffff. Why cant a$$hole$ just shoot them selves like the good old days, and leave other people alone.

Just something that gets lost in all the gun control banter. Jobs and the economy. This is but one of several companies facing the same dilemma.

Magpul:

Colorado, Magpul and the Second Amendment Need Your Help

February 11th, 2013

While anti-gun legislation doesn’t seem to be gathering much steam on the national stage, it’s already taking hold like a cancer at the state level. This time it’s Colorado and our friends Magpul Industries have put out a call to those who support the Second Amendment to help in the legislative struggle for that state.

They issued the following statement:

In addition to the national battle to protect our firearms rights, many states are currently engaged in their own fights. Here in CO, a state with a strong heritage of firearm and other personal freedoms, we are facing some extreme challenges to firearms rights. We have been engaged in dialogue with legislators here presenting our arguments to stop legislation from even being introduced, but our efforts did not deter those of extreme views.

After the NRAs visit last week, several anti-freedom bills were introduced by CO legislators, and a very aggressive timeline has been set forth in moving these bills forward.

The bills include:

HB 1229, Background checks for Gun Transfers–a measure to prohibit private sales between CO residents, and instead require a full FFL transfer, including a 4473.

HB 1228, Payment for Background Checks for Gun Transfers– a measure that would require CO residents to pay for the back logged state-run CBI system (currently taking 3 times the federally mandated wait time for checks to occur) instead of using the free federal NICS checks.

And finally, HB 1224, Prohibiting Large Capacity Ammunition Magazines–a measure that bans the possession, sale, or transfer of magazines over 10 round capacity. The measures and stipulations in this bill would deprive CO residents of the value of their private property by prohibiting the sale or transfer of all magazines over 10 rounds. This bill would also prohibit manufacture of magazines greater than 10 rounds for commercial sale out of the state, and place restrictions on the manufacture of military and law enforcement magazines that would cripple production.

We’d like to ask all CO residents to please contact your state legislators and the members of the Judiciary Committee and urge them to kill these measures in committee, and to vote NO if they reach the floor.

We also ask you to show your support for the 2nd Amendment at the Capitol on Tuesday, Feb 12, for the magazine ban committee hearing and Wednesday,

Feb 13, for the hearing on the other measures.

Due to the highly restrictive language in HB 1224, if passed, and we remained here, this measure would require us to cease PMAG production on July 1, 2013.

In short, Magpul would be unable to remain in business as a CO company, and the over 200 jobs for direct employees and nearly 700 jobs at our subcontractors and suppliers would pick up and leave CO. Due to the structure of our operations, this would be entirely possible, hopefully without significant disruption to production.

The legislators drafting these measures do so in spite of the fact that nothing they are proposing will do anything to even marginally improve public safety in CO, and in fact, will leave law-abiding CO residents less able to defend themselves, strip away rights and property from residents who have done nothing wrong, and send nearly 1000 jobs and millions in tax revenue out of the state.

We like CO, we want to continue to operate in CO, but most of all, we want CO to remain FREE.

Please help us in this fight, and let your voices be heard!

We have included the contact information for the House Judiciary committee for your convenience:

House Judiciary Committee

Rep. Daniel Kagan, Chair: 303-866-2921, repkagan@gmail.com

Rep. Pete Lee, Vice Chair: 303-866-2932, pete.lee.house@state.co.us

Rep. John Buckner: 303-866-2944, john.buckner.house@state.co.us

Rep. Lois Court: 303-866-2967, lois.court.house@state.co.us

Rep. Bob Gardner, 303-866-2191, bob.gardner.house@state.co.us

Rep. Polly Lawrence, 303-866-2935, polly.lawrence.house@state.co.us

Rep. Mike McLachlan, 303-866-2914, mike.mclachlan.house@state.co.us

Rep. Rep Carole Murray, 303-866-2948, murrayhouse45@gmail.com

Rep. Brittany Pettersen, 303-866-2939, brittany.pettersen.house@state.co.us

Rep. Joseph Salazar, 303-866-2918, joseph.salazar.house@state.co.us

Rep. Jared Wright, 303-866-2583, jared.wright.house@state.co.us

Thought I'd add Diane Feinstein's insight into the debate ...

65775_10152072770275288_1008184598_n.jpg

A mind is a terrible thing to waste Diane.

From what I've been able to gather, this isn't real. It looks like the supposed quote was taken from a satire site and run with. It took a bit of digging to find the fake source.

http://teapartyorg.n...-down-their-wea

That's even better ... leave it to those "right winged Tea baggers" to set the record straight for one of the most laughable left wing women on the planet. :-) Thanks for the post. I'll add that to my FB post on this pic.

Thought I'd add Diane Feinstein's insight into the debate ...

65775_10152072770275288_1008184598_n.jpg

A mind is a terrible thing to waste Diane.

From what I've been able to gather, this isn't real. It looks like the supposed quote was taken from a satire site and run with. It took a bit of digging to find the fake source.

http://teapartyorg.n...-down-their-wea

That's even better ... leave it to those "right winged Tea baggers" to set the record straight for one of the most laughable left wing women on the planet. :-) Thanks for the post. I'll add that to my FB post on this pic.

Disseminating false information is "even better"? Interesting stance.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/2013/02/ted-nugent-to-attend-state-of-the-union-address-156669.html

Nugent will be a guest of Texas GOP Rep. Steve Stockman, who suggested impeaching the president over gun control last month.

"I am excited to have a patriot like Ted Nugent joining me in the House Chamber to hear from President Obama," Stockman said in a press release. "After the Address I’m sure Ted will have plenty to say.”

After some of the things he's said about/to Obama, I'm surprised the Secret Service would let him be in the same town as Obama.

1st Amendment notwithstanding. Since they did investigate what Uncle Ted said. I'm sure they found Nug to not be a threat to the POTUS. But there are still McVeighs' and other sociopaths out there willing to do harm to people, places and things. They are the ones the SS worry about.

Did you know this?

The CDC isn't allowed to pursue many kinds of gun research due to the lobbying strength of the National Rifle Association...The current law reads: “None of the funds made available for injury prevention and control at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention may be used to advocate or promote gun control.”

As it stands, the main available statistics regarding the gun debate are raw gun homicide and suicide stats collected through the FBI, international data and data from groups with a direct stake in the gun debate — for instance, pro-gun stats from the NRA and pro-gun control stats from the Brady Campaign To Prevent Gun Violence.

As a result of the National Rifle Association's lobbying efforts, governmental research into gun mortality has shrunk by 96 percent since the mid-1990s, according to Reuters.

Prior to 1996, the Center for Disease Control funded research into the causes of firearm-related deaths. After a series of articles finding that increased prevalence of guns lead to increased incidents of gun violence, Republicans sought to remove all federal funding for research into gun deaths.

http://www.businessi...research-2013-1

I mentioned this earlier in the thread. Seems most people see this as the NRA "protecting their interests". And seeing as they are the lobbying arm of the gun manufacturers, I suppose that is true.

Coulda swore I brought up 3D printing in this thread, but I didn't. It's the game-changer in this conversation which could make a lot of our points moot. We can enact all the gun legislation we want, ban every single kind of gun from being sold, and people will still be able to get their hands on them. 3D printing is going to change this world.

http://news.yahoo.co...s-politics.html

Tech-savvy gun enthusiasts could easily find a way around any new curbs on firearms: If they want something, print it.

A Texas law student who used a 3-D printer to fashion a plastic magazine and then posted his ensuing trip to the firing range online got more than 280,000 views on YouTube - but then his leased 3-D printer was confiscated by a jittery manufacturer.

3-D printers are often used to make consumer items like jewelry and hearing aids, and also help reduce waste in manufacturing, according to Alyssa Reichental of 3D Systems Corporation, which manufactures 3-D printers for sale worldwide.

President Obama cited the innovative power of 3-D printing during his State of the Union speech last week, saying it would "revolutionize the way we make almost everything." A 3-D printer is a bit like a conventional printer, but instead of using ink on paper, it deposits layers of resin or other material that will harden to make a three-dimensional object.

But a larger portion of his speech was devoted to his desire to enact new firearm restrictions. Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D., Calif., proposed legislation in January that would ban the manufacture, sale, possession or transfer of any ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 bullets. That would presumably include home-manufactured magazines made with 3-D printers.