Gun Control

Roark

I don't agree that weapons bans are legal.

Really? None of them?

I agree that the giant smokescreen about the evil "assault weapon" is mostly hyperbole also; since it is used in approximately .07% of weapons related crimes.

Perhaps because they're especially effective at doing what they were designed to do. Anyways, I think we are in agreement that the AWB did nothing last time . . . and won't become law this time.

Why don't the politicians that are so concerned about our children's safety go after the #1 weapon used in homicides?

Handguns?

I said "BAN" not regulation. Check NFA for more info.

Junior? where did I say anything about hand grenades or Stingers? SHOW ME But you do understand why the sudafed regulation is in place right? Ask your neighbors to the south about Meth labs.

YUP, handguns. DOH unless you want to include drunk drivers in there :)

Sudafed regulation didn't exactly get rid of methlabs.

The correlation is you have items (nasal decongestants, and bullets) that are both used responsibly by 99% of the people who purchase them. But it is harder to get several boxes of sudafed than several boxes of bullets. Which just seems odd to me.

• Fire 3

I load ammo for myself all the time; what makes it so hard for you to understand that people are just using sudafed to get their adderall via a different venue.

The correlation is you have items (nasal decongestants, and bullets) that are both used responsibly by 99% of the people who purchase them. But it is harder to get several boxes of sudafed than several boxes of bullets. Which just seems odd to me.

Fairly clear that sudafed is abused much more than ammunition.

http://www.drugabuse...tionwide-trends 22 million people over the age of 12 used drugs illegally in the US. So were there consequently 22 million people who illegally used ammunition? I don't think so.

I load ammo for myself all the time; what makes it so hard for you to understand that people are just using sudafed to get their adderall via a different venue.

http://www.drugabuse...tionwide-trends 22 million people over the age of 12 used drugs illegally in the US. So were there consequently 22 million people who illegally used ammunition? I don't think so.

That's all drugs . . . not just sudafed . . .

Pseudoephedrine and the meth made from it would fall into the 'stimulants' group of 2.6% and not all stimulants are sudefed. And more people use pseudoephedrine than buy bullets.

Pseudoephedrine and the meth made from it would fall into the 'stimulants' group of 2.6% and not all stimulants are sudefed. And more people use pseudoephedrine than buy bullets.

here in jersey, then scan your driver's license if you pick up a prescription with pseudoephedrine in it.

I guess what I don't get is why do we need all these gun laws that are going to directly affect law abiding citizens? You think Joe Hoodrat is going to care if Obama and Biden pass an assault weapon ban? No, he's still going to have the "illegal" weapons in his possession with the ability to get more...

here in jersey, then scan your driver's license if you pick up a prescription with pseudoephedrine in it.

I guess what I don't get is why do we need all these gun laws that are going to directly affect law abiding citizens? You think Joe Hoodrat is going to care if Obama and Biden pass an assault weapon ban? No, he's still going to have the "illegal" weapons in his possession with the ability to get more...

If your concern is keeping guns from "Joe Hoodrat" please see this thread a few pages back, read about the NRA's work to hamstring the ATF's enforcement and tracking of illegal gun sales. Worry about that, if you are worried about "Joe Hoodrat". Until then, I fail to see why you presenting a driver's license to get boxes upon boxes of ammo is a major hindrance. Unfortunately you and most of the folks on the right seem completely unconcerned with "Joe Hoodrat" at all, so long as the gun manufacturers are printing money and you can have your 30 round clips for your assault rifles to fight off "government tyranny". Enjoy shooting down an F35 with a shotgun.

If your concern is keeping guns from "Joe Hoodrat" please see this thread a few pages back, read about the NRA's work to hamstring the ATF's enforcement and tracking of illegal gun sales. Worry about that, if you are worried about "Joe Hoodrat". Until then, I fail to see why you presenting a driver's license to get boxes upon boxes of ammo is a major hindrance. Unfortunately you and most of the folks on the right seem completely unconcerned with "Joe Hoodrat" at all, so long as the gun manufacturers are printing money and you can have your 30 round clips for your assault rifles to fight off "government tyranny". Enjoy shooting down an F35 with a shotgun.

Junior, where do you live?

Chicago area. I know, you live in a terrible neighborhood. I feel bad for you, I really do. But given this, you, of all people, should be worried about the NRA's attempts to prevent the ATF from enforcing even the most modest of investigations into gun trafficking. If a crate of Sudafed goes missing, a pharmacy is investigated. But the ATF isn't even allowed to require a gun dealer provide an inventory of their stock. You are worried about "Joe Hoodrat" getting weapons and this makes sense to you?

Chicago area. I know, you live in a terrible neighborhood. I feel bad for you, I really do. But given this, you, of all people, should be worried about the NRA's attempts to prevent the ATF from enforcing even the most modest of investigations into gun trafficking. If a crate of Sudafed goes missing, a pharmacy is investigated. But the ATF isn't even allowed to require a gun dealer provide an inventory of their stock. You are worried about "Joe Hoodrat" getting weapons and this makes sense to you?

I don't feel bad for where I live, because here in a couple years, I'm gonna change that.

I'm worried about Joe Hoodrat, because he's right across I-80, and thats an immediate threat. I never said anything about the NRA or the ATF. Am I for background checks, absolutely, and fixing the gun show loopholes, absolutely. I've mentioned this in past posts. I'm not being short sighted but, seeing whats going on, just driving my wife's youngest to school every day, puts a different perspective on things.

Right or left for the most part agree with the "gunshow" loophole. Please watch the whole video from the Senate Panel today to help alleviate some of the loophole syndrome. Forget right or left look at the facts.

The NRA did not hamstring the ATF. Congress did that. Just like Congress passed the AWB in 94 that everyone tried to pin on the Brady Bunch. And if anyone is curious, Joe Hoodrat gets most of his weapons from the hundreds of thousand burglaries he committed to get both weapons and money.

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=Wi6gZU01yF8

sorry carl got drunk on my power. I'm starting a Power mad moderator 12 step tomorrow.

I don't agree that weapons bans are legal. I agree that the giant smokescreen about the evil "assault weapon" is mostly hyperbole also; since it is used in approximately .07% of weapons related crimes. Why don't the politicians that are so concerned about our children's safety go after the #1 weapon used in homicides?

So, do you believe that the right to bear arms includes hand grenades or surface to air missiles?

Ah, the ol' nuclear suitcase argument.

Right or left for the most part agree with the "gunshow" loophole. Please watch the whole video from the Senate Panel today to help alleviate some of the loophole syndrome. Forget right or left look at the facts.

The NRA did not hamstring the ATF. Congress did that. Just like Congress passed the AWB in 94 that everyone tried to pin on the Brady Bunch. And if anyone is curious, Joe Hoodrat gets most of his weapons from the hundreds of thousand burglaries he committed to get both weapons and money.

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=Wi6gZU01yF8

sorry carl got drunk on my power. I'm starting a Power mad moderator 12 step tomorrow.

The NRA did hamstring the ATF, through Congress.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-277856.html

Rep. Todd Tiahrt (Kan.) surprised many of his fellow Republicans last week when he offered a lengthy amendment, blessed by the National Rifle Association, to the 2004 funding bill for the Commerce, Justice and State departments.

Tiahrt's eight-point amendment, which targets the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and was drafted with the NRA's help, would prohibit the use of federal funds for several bureau activities. It would prevent the bureau from requiring firearms dealers to conduct a physical inventory, from denying licenses to dealers whose sales fall below a certain level, and from demanding that certain dealers provide documentation for all used guns sold in a specific period.

There's no doubt that Congress did it, but there's also no doubt that the NRA was behind the scenes pulling the strings. Note this was done the same year that Tiahrt won the NRA's "Defender of Freedom" award. Coincidence?

Something struck me from reading more on this issue.

Is the back ground check the gun control version of tax laws during prohibition and the government trying to take down organized crime?

Meaning, we have a very small but dangerous group of people in this country that obviously traffic guns to criminals. Right now, the government really doesn't have anything they can arrest them on just for doing that. BUT, if they put a law into affect that requires those people to do back ground checks and then if they catch them doing a transaction, they can arrest them on the back ground check issue and not necessarily on the gun issue.

Does that make sense?

They are all framing the debate on the horrible tragedy in Connecticut. However, I think we can all agree that doing these back ground checks isn't going to do squat to stop some crazy person from walking into a school and blowing people away. Those guys are still going to find a way to get a gun.

• Fire 1