Bye Rex. Much Love!

Rex could have gone down as a top 5 running back in Nebraska history but injuries and lack of a championship team severely hurt that. We love you Rex and you'll be missed. Good luck in the league.

Finished today #5 all-time in rushing yardage at Nebraska. I think that, combined with everything else he has accomplished, is enough to call him top 5.

Just curious here but what is everyone's list for the best running backs in Nebraska history?

Mine goes:

1. Mike Rozier

2. Lawerence Phillips

3. Ahman Green

4. Rex Burkhead

5. Roger Craig

Seemed like only yesterday he was a freshman and we were thinking how awesome Rex is for a running back's name.....Seeing Bo trust him to field punts in that monsoon in Columbia (and succeeding), listening to his improved work in the offseason where he watched Barry Sanders film and then showing his new moves in big games...ahhhh Rex....

Rex is a special player and he will have an opportunity to have a career in the NFL. How special? remains to be seen.

What I've enjoyed most about Rex is not his football potential, but his potential to make a positive impact on the world (he already has with Team Jack). I hope Rex gets the chance to find fame and glory (aka MONEY) in professional football, but I believe Rex will have more success outside the world of "football". The young man is a compassionate leader that has the world at his fingertips.

Good luck Mr. Burkhead. You will be a Nebraska legend no matter where your professional career, football or otherwise, will take you.

Rex could have gone down as a top 5 running back in Nebraska history but injuries and lack of a championship team severely hurt that. We love you Rex and you'll be missed. Good luck in the league.

Finished today #5 all-time in rushing yardage at Nebraska. I think that, combined with everything else he has accomplished, is enough to call him top 5.

Just curious here but what is everyone's list for the best running backs in Nebraska history?

Mine goes:

1. Mike Rozier

2. Lawerence Phillips

3. Ahman Green

4. Rex Burkhead

5. Roger Craig

I gotta put Phillips #1. Sorry, but if you look at raw on-field performance and talent and turn a blind eye to all the bs, Lawrence Phillips is probably the absolute best that never was. Sure he doesnt deserve it, but 30 for 30 shoulda replaced Marcus Dupree with Lawrence Phillips.

One other note. What does Burkhead NOT have in common with the other 4 listed with him?

An incredible offensive line to run behind. Maybe Rex should be higher.

• Fire 1