We are excellent on offense 5 years with defensive minded guy and defense is our problem...

I was just kind of wondering after reading some of this (not all couldn't do it) if everyone has forgotten about the KEY injuries that we had this year on D. Anderson would have been huge for us this year if he wouldn't have gotten hurt. Baker was a really big loss and VV and others behind him having injuries just killed us. This, was the biggest problem this year Period. I see the depth being shored up and recruiting is looking pretty good so far. We have holes yes but most of the plays today in the d backfield wasn't because of not being ther as much as just whiffing when going for the ball. Well, I guess in stead of the one 87 yarder where the whole d was out of position.

I'm so sick of the excuses. The conference change, the officials, it's hard to recruit to Nebraska, etc....

The fact is a significant portion of this fan base has embraced mediocrity in the name of....I'm not sure. The team played horribly on defense today and the offensive line made stupid penalties at inopportune times. As fans / consumers, we should demand better. The product of the last 5 years is not acceptable. 9 wins a year is nice, but 4 blowout losses a year are not.

The fabled 2007 team gave up 29 points per game and 530 yards per game in all of its losses.

The 2012 team in its 4 losses gave up 53 1/2 points per game and 595 yards per game.

Finally, i feel sorry for Beck that he is saddled with incompetent offensive coaches like Barney Cotton. 5 years in and NU has not produced an all-conference Offensive lineman. Penalities and mental mistakes are a given every game. Offensive lineman used to be the bread and butter of our football program, now they are glorified walkons

So, go ahead and put your head in the sand and tell me that all is well. A moral victory is not giving up 595 yards of offense. Expect more of the same until changes are made.

Pretty sure Osborne didn't have top 5 recruiting classes every year. Lots of teams win without great recruiting. Callahan was a used car salesman that lied to recruits to get them on campus. Over signed his classes and still couldn't win. Just a flat out terrible coach. A lot like Mac Brown. Great recruiter, terrible coach. Bo was able to take his talent and make winners out of them. Does Bo have it all figured out yet. NO! He doesn't. But he is a FIRST time head coach. Would Osborne be any better after year 5. I doubt it. Would you be calling for T O's head? You can put all your eggs in the recruiting basket but I hate to break it to you. We are never going to consistently compete with warm weather schools in recruiting.

Wow, talk about not knowing what you are talking about. The part that I bolded is a flat out lie. He never oversigned, and the only class that had over 25 was 2005 and that was because the coach that put this school in the crapper in the first place left him 5 recruits and he was only able to sign 13 kids in 2004. So it was no woner that 2007 was a bad season, but if it were Bo, a lot of you would be making excuses for him. It's uneducated posts like this that make the saying that "nebraska fans are the smartest fans in the country" a flat out lie.

You can make all of the excuses you want about Bo, but his Solich style of recuriting has caught up with him. You can recruit a top 15 class to Nebraska if you hire compenteant coachs that are willing to put in the effort to do so. As of now, we do not have that, but just because they can't do it, doesn't mean that it can't be done.

To claim that Bo hasn't brought in talent in the past three and now four recruiting cycles would be incorrect.

Pretty sure Osborne didn't have top 5 recruiting classes every year. Lots of teams win without great recruiting. Callahan was a used car salesman that lied to recruits to get them on campus. Over signed his classes and still couldn't win. Just a flat out terrible coach. A lot like Mac Brown. Great recruiter, terrible coach. Bo was able to take his talent and make winners out of them. Does Bo have it all figured out yet. NO! He doesn't. But he is a FIRST time head coach. Would Osborne be any better after year 5. I doubt it. Would you be calling for T O's head? You can put all your eggs in the recruiting basket but I hate to break it to you. We are never going to consistently compete with warm weather schools in recruiting.

Wow, talk about not knowing what you are talking about. The part that I bolded is a flat out lie. He never oversigned, and the only class that had over 25 was 2005 and that was because the coach that put this school in the crapper in the first place left him 5 recruits and he was only able to sign 13 kids in 2004. So it was no woner that 2007 was a bad season, but if it were Bo, a lot of you would be making excuses for him. It's uneducated posts like this that make the saying that "nebraska fans are the smartest fans in the country" a flat out lie.

You can make all of the excuses you want about Bo, but his Solich style of recuriting has caught up with him. You can recruit a top 15 class to Nebraska if you hire compenteant coachs that are willing to put in the effort to do so. As of now, we do not have that, but just because they can't do it, doesn't mean that it can't be done.

To claim that Bo hasn't brought in talent in the past three and now four recruiting cycles would be incorrect.

No kidding. There's young talent all over this team. I'm just puzzled as to why the younger offensive guys see the field quicker than the D.

Well Billdozer, that pretty much sums up what you are all about. Win at all costs! I hope you have a son good enough to play in the SEC and after two years he gets a letter telling him his scholarship is gone.

This is what America was built on. Improvise, adapt and overcome. Those who refuse to do the same deserve the boot imprint in the back of their skull. Right now NU and the rest of the nation can read "Made In China" stamped on their ass as the next SEC players cleat steps on it on their way to another win. But hey, "they don't do it the right way." I'm still waiting for someone to name the last team to win the right way. Would that be USC, Ohio State, Alabama, or LSU?

Statistics would say otherwise. You must work for the government.

Give me a specific reason that you are unhappy with the players he has brought in since '10.

No kidding. There's young talent all over this team. I'm just puzzled as to why the younger offensive guys see the field quicker than the D.

The scheme is complicated. Opposing coaches have said as much. Offensively it seems pretty simplistic.

Give me a specific reason that you are unhappy with the players he has brought in since '10.

DL and QB are the most glaring spots. If TM had been hurt this year who replaces him in this offense? The DL, well we saw exactly what happened after 1 injury. LB spot isn't much better and the Oline OMG, either we have completely miss evaluated players or we haven't developed them. Either way its no good.

The scheme is complicated. Opposing coaches have said as much. Offensively it seems pretty simplistic.

Then it gets back to the topic where you and I differ. Bo has to, <has to> drop the Charlie Weis/Bill Callahan tendency he has where he refuses to adapt to his talent and be a little nicer on the PR side. If he doesn't, he's going to be somewhere else. And that will suck.

This is why mostly, but we would have seen some younger defensive talent this year if they would have stayed healthy. It just seems to be killing us every year and I don't know if it is just bad luck (more than likely) or something else.

We have recruited the QB position very well the past two cycles as we have the DL. The LB spot will be 100% upgraded next season and far more athletic with the guys we have.

I'd give you the OL thus far. We shall see this next season. Mousy and Jake Cotton have shown well in practice. Cotton played well today.

I'm so sick of the excuses. The conference change, the officials, it's hard to recruit to Nebraska, etc....

The fact is a significant portion of this fan base has embraced mediocrity in the name of....I'm not sure. The team played horribly on defense today and the offensive line made stupid penalties at inopportune times. As fans / consumers, we should demand better. The product of the last 5 years is not acceptable. 9 wins a year is nice, but 4 blowout losses a year are not.

The fabled 2007 team gave up 29 points per game and 530 yards per game in all of its losses.

The 2012 team in its 4 losses gave up 53 1/2 points per game and 595 yards per game.

Finally, i feel sorry for Beck that he is saddled with incompetent offensive coaches like Barney Cotton. 5 years in and NU has not produced an all-conference Offensive lineman. Penalities and mental mistakes are a given every game. Offensive lineman used to be the bread and butter of our football program, now they are glorified walkons

So, go ahead and put your head in the sand and tell me that all is well. A moral victory is not giving up 595 yards of offense. Expect more of the same until changes are made.

no all confrence lineman? spencer long says hello