2013 Offensive Line

The offensive line penalties were less this year, but as a team, we had 88 penalties for 847 yards. In 2011, we had 86 penalties for 688 yards. Part of this is due to our aggressive coverage in the secondary, but it's still an outrageously high amount of penalties across the whole team. That along with turnovers is going to have to be addressed big time this off season.

The offensive line performed, overall, well this year. It could have been a hell of a lot better though, especially against tougher competition and when it mattered most in close games. With the amount of experience we have coming back and some of the talent waiting in the wings, there's no reason to not have one of if not the best lines in the Big 10 next year. Unless we see catastrophic injuries, there will be no excuse.

A lot of those were on DB's I think, may just be a skewed perspective though. Those aren't always bad penalties, we want our DB's to be aggressive and until this last game I've really had no complaints with them this season in coverage. Covering swing plays is a whole nother thing though.

I think Whitaker has a very good shot at starting as well for Choi. Its going to be an interesting spring/fall to say the least on who is going to earn starting positions on the O and D line. LB is also another one I am completely excited for.

My real question on offense is, does Heard make the jump over Ameer over the break? I love Heard, and he reminds me a LOT of Rex with a mixture of Helu. Just my take :)

I think Whitaker has a very good shot at starting as well for Choi. Its going to be an interesting spring/fall to say the least on who is going to earn starting positions on the O and D line. LB is also another one I am completely excited for.

My real question on offense is, does Heard make the jump over Ameer over the break? I love Heard, and he reminds me a LOT of Rex with a mixture of Helu. Just my take :)

is whitaker fully healed from that knee injury? haven't heard much about him since