S Anthony West

nebr_bob

Washusker, who is to say Mr. West will not turn into an All B12 player at the least? Don't be a harsh judge of talent until you see him actually play.

Cally and staff saw him personally at camp and gave him an offer, I trust their judgement on these things.

Welcome to the family, Anthony!

:yeah

We are only at 15 total schollies to date

add Spain and hickman, that makes 17

1 as of now will not make the grades - 16

Eloi is suppose to be a walk-on - 16

1 and poss 2 may greyshirt - 15

we still have 8 to give which is plent of room to get your 'STAR' power

This kid can play multiple positions and is a flat out burner - which IMO is not a bad thing

and I'll put my trust in the coaches on evaluating talent

BE HAPPY :power

PS - I like the new emoticons

hello, I am seriously shocked of this offer & verbal:

(1) he camped at UN & ucla, & he really stood out as a possible prospect for UN's coaches at camp, & ended camp as being listed as one of the camp's def standouts

(2) he was w/o a schollie during his sr football season, & there was talk of he & bunner being the top 2 preferred walk-ons for UN

(3) within the last month & 1/2, he was beginning to favor area school sd st or az st - either school was on the verge of offering west, & west was suppost to visit az st sometime this month

(4) I saw that b busch was recruiting him a while back, but I thought that he was just keeping tabs/keeping in touch w/ west as a possible back-up plan in case the other major s recruits fell through

(5) I am shocked of this offer & verbal, because there was not a mention of a west for quite a while from any site, premium or not

(6) plus, outside of summer football camp he was not even asked by the coaches to visit UN during the reg football season

p.s. he is the second recruit from sd (west - point loma sr & holt - st augustine)

Do not classify West as a safety.

To be honest, IMO this was a case of Young vs. West, whoever took the offer first and it happened to be West. Both could play any of RB, WR, CB or S since they were both being recruited as athletes.

Can't say I am against this offer and commit. Big time speed is something you cannot teach and he seems to have plenty of it.

I would probably say this guy will be a S..... at 6'0, 195, with 4.56 speed.....

he is more apt to be a S..... 4.5 is fast, but not "burner"..... probably not enough speed to play CB or RB..... but with a nice frame, that will no doubt grow because of wt. room, his 4.5 speed would be very nice at S.

I agree with BigWilly in the sense that I think it was West/Young.... meaning, I think Young is destined to be a Hawkeye, Cyclone, or CSU Ram....

Welcome aboard Mr. West.....

Remember, some of the best players in history were not 4-5 star guys....they were 2-3 star guys who worked their a$$es off..... apparently BC and co. liked what the saw.

Is it true he had only 1 offer? I don't think it matters about stars as much as it does # of offers. This must mean we are out of it for Thenarse(Grades?) Mouton(USC) and Davis (East coast?) Hopefully we can get a top Juco to come in and start at safety because we are in trouble next year. Especially now that Leon is moving to offense and we havn't gotten anyone(Highschool) the last 2 years to play safety.

where is it being written that leon jackson is moving back to offense? i have seen it here but not in ljs or owh. it would be nice to see him in the kickreturn with lucky but unless there is something that we dont know out here wont there be to many rb's in the stable.

he asked to go to defense this year, is he asking to go back or are the coaches sending him back

People put to much focus on stars. He will shine when the time is right.

Right. He may be one of those hidden gems. I may be putting too much stock into stars and the facts that UCLA was the only good program (and that's being kind to our friends in Westwood) that recruited him after us. Hootin' Annie's info may not be a good indicator of the kind of player this kid will be.

But the programs with more four :star and five :star players usually rule the day. That's the way it is. If getting West means we miss out on a Mouton or Davis, I'll be displeased.

Don't get me wrong, I wish West all the best, and I hope he turns out to be an All-American. I'm just not holding my breath...

:restore2