Name teams that are better than Notre Dame

Alabama. The rest is guess work.

Oh man, you took the easy way out. Though your comment is true, your opinion is very valuable to me. Can't you give a better effort?

I think Notre Dame is a top-5 team. Alabama is just a demi-god. They beat MSU, a decently good team. They beat Michigan, a ranked team. They beat Stanford, a top 10 team. They beat Oklahoma, a top 15 ish good team. They beat USC who has the second most talent of anyone in the country.

I'd probably put it this way: They beat a crappy MSU team. They beat a Michigan team that didn't find its identity on offense until Shoelace got hurt. They beat a really good Stanford team because of a completely blown call IMO (Taylor was over the goal-line in OT). They beat OU pretty handily but A&M freakin' embarrassed them in the bowl game. They beat a 5-loss USC team by 9. And they probably should have lost to Purdue.

Notre Dame isn't that good.

If you want to come up with reasons to dismiss and discredit, you'll always be able to. You can do the same thing with every other team that we think is better. Difference being, Notre Dame won all their game, and none of the rest did.

If you want to come up with reasons to dismiss and discredit, you'll always be able to. You can do the same thing with every other team that we think is better. Difference being, Notre Dame won all their game, and none of the rest did.

You're right, and I agree with you that they earned their way to the NC game. I'm just saying, I'm not as impressed with their season as most.

mckayla_impressed_ap_328.jpg

Alabama. The rest is guess work.

Oh man, you took the easy way out. Though your comment is true, your opinion is very valuable to me. Can't you give a better effort?

I think Notre Dame is a top-5 team. Alabama is just a demi-god. They beat MSU, a decently good team. They beat Michigan, a ranked team. They beat Stanford, a top 10 team. They beat Oklahoma, a top 15 ish good team. They beat USC who has the second most talent of anyone in the country.

I'd probably put it this way: They beat a crappy MSU team. They beat a Michigan team that didn't find its identity on offense until Shoelace got hurt. They beat a really good Stanford team because of a completely blown call IMO (Taylor was over the goal-line in OT). They beat OU pretty handily but A&M freakin' embarrassed them in the bowl game. They beat a 5-loss USC team by 9. And they probably should have lost to Purdue.

Notre Dame isn't that good.

And they definitely should have lost to Pitt.

I'd agree with you on these seven:

Bama, A&M, South Carolina, Georgia, Oregon, LSU, Ohio State

I think those teams would be favored over ND

The next tier would probably be 50/50:

K State, Florida State, Florida, Clemson

I'd tack two more on that are just as good although they lost to ND but are very close:

Stanford, Oklahoma

Penn St. probably not so much.

If Pitt's kicker doesn't miss that FG in OT, ND is probably rated #5 or #6.