DE Jack Powers

Looks to be Cam Meredith part Deux.

Long strider, not especially athletic off the edge... He doesn't seem to have much lateral agility. But that's hard to do at 6'6" and 260 lbs. Just ask Sean Fisher. :lol:

However, pretty physical kid. Not sure of the level of competition... but he's pretty stout in run support. Sets the edge really well... Took on double teams well and still made plays. Laid the wood on the QB a couple times and blew up some kid who never saw it coming on a blindside hit at about 30 second mark.

We must really be looking to upgrade our DE spot, with the FLA offers and this guy. Coaches must not have a lot of confidence Okuyemi, Ashburn, or Vestal will contribute much down the road. If I picked one to help down the road it would be Vestal for sure. Not sure the story on the other two guys.

What say you EZ? Is this guy worth an offer? Offers from a lot of the Pac-12 bottom feeders. He's probably ours if we want him.

I see nothing on film that would lead me to believe we should be offering. Doesn't use his hands overly well to disengage blocks and he looks awful slow off the ball. In my personal opinion, Sayles would be the better offer at this point. Even though they play different spots.

I see nothing on film that would lead me to believe we should be offering. Doesn't use his hands overly well to disengage blocks and he looks awful slow off the ball. In my personal opinion, Sayles would be the better offer at this point. Even though they play different spots.

Sayles would be a good pickup IMO and i think we end up getting him very late. IMO he could grow into being a hell of an OLine player.