**** Official Hockey Thread **** (NHL & College)

walksalone

Company bids to bring NHL expansion team to Quebec City

The National Hockey League's first deadline for interested parties to apply for an NHL expansion team ends Monday, and one of the front-runners already announced it has submitted an official bid.

Montreal-based communications giant Quebecor confirmed via its Twitter account Monday that it has completed the formal expansion application process to bring NHL hockey back to Quebec City.

"We confirm that we submitted our candidacy for the #NHL expansion process in order to bring the #Nordiques back to #QuébecCity," the company said on Twitter.

Michael:

Wouldn’t NHL game sevens be even better if the losers were forcibly shaved, on the ice and in front of the crowd, immediately after the final period? Imagine the beardlust of the crowd as a pair of shears is removed from the trophy and a barber haphazardly hacks away at the player’s beard and dreams at center ice. Purists may complain, but I have no concept of hockey and didn’t mind the glowing puck. Fight me.

Actually, you know what’s a more realistic option there? If the WINNING team cut off their beards, right on the ice. Like, you win the Cup, you get to hoist the Cup, and then the ceremonial shearing begins. Then you can pass out your beard hair to fans (so lucky!) or fill the cup with a mélange of team beard hair. I would watch that. I would pay at least 50 cents to watch that. It would be like cutting down the nets, only better. And with more risk of Legionnaire’s disease.

Wouldn’t NHL game sevens be even better if the losers were forcibly shaved, on the ice and in front of the crowd, immediately after the final period? Imagine the beardlust of the crowd as a pair of shears is removed from the trophy and a barber haphazardly hacks away at the player’s beard and dreams at center ice. Purists may complain, but I have no concept of hockey and didn’t mind the glowing puck. Fight me.

http://adequateman.deadspin.com/please-do-not-watch-phone-videos-while-pooping-1719244829

The University of North Dakota has narrowed the list of new nicknames for the school down to 5,

The search committee came up with. 1. Fighting Hawks, 2. Nodaks, 3. North Stars, 4. Roughriders, 5. Sundogs

Sundogs?

So, say they approve Vegas and Quebec. They're going to have to do another realignment, right?

Probably, which I'm guessing would add Nashville to the East...

The University of North Dakota has narrowed the list of new nicknames for the school down to 5,

The search committee came up with. 1. Fighting Hawks, 2. Nodaks, 3. North Stars, 4. Roughriders, 5. Sundogs

Sundogs?

The only one I'm on board with is the "North Stars", but I still think the forced name change is bullsh*t...

Sundogs?

Yeah, no idea why they would come up with sundogs. Its horrible. I like North Stars, they already have a rivalry with Minnesota, I'm sure they wouldn't take to kindly to them taking their old NHL name.