**** Official Hockey Thread **** (NHL & College)

walksalone

i'm in wrigleyville and this is honestly the craziest sports environment i've ever witnessed

The picture i saw made me scared for anyone who was there... mother of god that is a lot of people.

I wasn't able to stay for long but man it was a blast. I'm trying to figure out if the mob is still unceasing because I might go back down tonight if people are still partying :lol: I love environments like that, that's really why I jumped on the wagon. It's just too much fun not to.

This is a ridiculous stat...

Blackhawks improved to 31-0 when leading after two periods

Update on your stat - the Blackhawks finished the season undefeated when leading after two periods, including regular and post-season. A ridiculous stat that got more ridiculous.

I couldn't believe just how dominant the Hawks were in the final two periods last night. This whole series has been one of the best Stanley Cup Finals I've ever watched - nail-biting action, keeping everyone on the edge of their seats, no team winning any of the games by more than one goal until last night and some truly fantastic hockey from both teams.

I know a lot of people hate on the Blackhawks because of their dominance, swagger, and any other reason, but prior to 2010, this team hadn't won a Cup since 1961. They had the second longest Cup drought in NHL history.

The dynasty word has been brought up a lot in the last 24 hours and even prior to the Finals, given that they won again. I've waffled on this, but I'm curious on other people's thoughts, too. I think it should be considered a dynasty for a couple of reasons. First, the difficulty to win - since the 2004 salary cap and renegotiation, only the L.A. Kings have one more than one Stanley Cup.

Second, since 2009, they've been to the playoffs every season, they've been to the conference Finals five times and won three Stanley Cups. Six seasons - five finals - three Cups. That's going to be very rare for a lot of teams to match in the future. People pegged the Patriots as a dynasty after winning three Superbowls in the 2000's and I think the Hawks are just as deserving.

i'm in wrigleyville and this is honestly the craziest sports environment i've ever witnessed

The picture i saw made me scared for anyone who was there... mother of god that is a lot of people.

I wasn't able to stay for long but man it was a blast. I'm trying to figure out if the mob is still unceasing because I might go back down tonight if people are still partying :lol: I love environments like that, that's really why I jumped on the wagon. It's just too much fun not to.

Have fun with it...

Just be glad it wasn't a Friday night or all bets woulda been off...

Hawks writer for the Trib took at a look who will likely be staying/going by next season.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hockey/blackhawks/ct-2015-16-blackhawks-roster-outlook-20150617-photogallery.html

The most notable and perhaps most significant of all may be Patrick Sharp. He's been a part of the core group since they won the 2010 cup.

Oduya and Vermette may also be likely casualties, and the team is probably looking to get rid of Bickell, the guy who played a big role in the infamous 17 seconds of the 2013 cup. Unproductive season and playoffs for Bickell.

The good news of course is the biggest pieces of the foundation aren't going anywhere: Toews, Kane and Keith. And most pieces of the core group of guys will probably keep their spots on the roster.