**** Official Hockey Thread **** (NHL & College)

walksalone

Hawks had a hell of a game last night. They'll probably struggle on the road against the Wild but at times Sunday night they looked unreal. They shredded the Wild defense and their goalie had almost no help defensively.

• Fire 1

Hawks had a hell of a game last night. They'll probably struggle on the road against the Wild but at times Sunday night they looked unreal. They shredded the Wild defense and their goalie had almost no help defensively.

Yeah they looked like a team primed to take the cup last night but I'm still not sold on our sometimes shaky defense. Glad to be up 2-0 but now they'll have to win on the road. It won't be easy.

Yeah they looked like a team primed to take the cup last night but I'm still not sold on our sometimes shaky defense. Glad to be up 2-0 but now they'll have to win on the road. It won't be easy.

Funny thing is, the talking heads didn't think they were that good of a team earlier in the season.

The defense has been really strange for the Hawks - they play smart and forceful at times and then they lose their intensity or get really out of position. There was that game against Nashville where Darling got pulled and Crawford came in, and even though Darling gave up three goals, some of the defense leading up to those scores was less than admirable. Darling definitely wasn't the only person to blame even though I agreed with the goalie change.

It also doesn't help that goalie play has been very fickle. You would have thought Darling would've played the rest of the playoffs after the way the first series was going against Nashville.

How about Kane though? I feel like he's really started playing some great hockey the last two games after not being too much of a factor near the beginning of the playoffs coming off the injury.

The defense has been really strange for the Hawks - they play smart and forceful at times and then they lose their intensity or get really out of position. There was that game against Nashville where Darling got pulled and Crawford came in, and even though Darling gave up three goals, some of the defense leading up to those scores was less than admirable. Darling definitely wasn't the only person to blame even though I agreed with the goalie change.

It also doesn't help that goalie play has been very fickle. You would have thought Darling would've played the rest of the playoffs after the way the first series was going against Nashville.

How about Kane though? I feel like he's really started playing some great hockey the last two games after not being too much of a factor near the beginning of the playoffs coming off the injury.

He has been really good for them since he's come back, but in my opinion Keith and Seabrook are the ones taking care of business in the playoffs...