So basically I'm in an entrepreneurship class and we had WRK come talk to us right now. WRK is the developer that is doing all businesses, hotels, parking etc down in the haymarket by the arena. I don't have the pictures she has shown us but the draw ups look incredible. I'll try to explain as best as i can. First off is the giant entertainment center called "The Rail Yard". It is basically a huge open area where the giant video cube is. It can be transformed into a stage for concerts, ice rink in the winter, and market place in the summer. They have a license where in the entertainment center you can legally have alcohol in this area while walking around/socializing. They are putting up 2 hotels which will be done in Feb 2014, and two parking garages. They also have over 80 canopy lofts that start around $800. Also they will have condo's which are two stories and start at 215k. They will have a strip of bars and restaurants which include mellow mushroom (fancy pizza restaurant) and Hiro 88 (Shushi) that they know of so far. On top of the restaurants/bars will be an open area on the roof. More will be announced soon. The giant cube video screen will be open for husker football and basketball games, and will also be used for outdoor movies. Man i really wish i had the up to date video/ pictures of what's the be expected. It is going to be incredible.

They've talked about basically all of that since the Arena plan was put forth a few years back. It's really neat that all they talked about is likely to come to fruition, and it will be a huge upgrade to an already cool area of town. I would love to be a college-age kid when that opens up. It'll be an entirely different Lincoln than the one I went to school in.

Watching that area grow is a lot of fun, and it really strikes home how full of Luddites this town is. The opposition this Arena/West Haymarket area received from the "AreNO's" was ridiculous. There's a core of people in this town that thinks it should still be this sleepy little overgrown village, and any progress toward making it a viable, vibrant city is evil. I'm glad those people are losing this battle. This is a cool enough town and it deserves the chance to become even better.

They've talked about basically all of that since the Arena plan was put forth a few years back. It's really neat that all they talked about is likely to come to fruition, and it will be a huge upgrade to an already cool area of town. I would love to be a college-age kid when that opens up. It'll be an entirely different Lincoln than the one I went to school in.

Watching that area grow is a lot of fun, and it really strikes home how full of Luddites this town is. The opposition this Arena/West Haymarket area received from the "AreNO's" was ridiculous. There's a core of people in this town that thinks it should still be this sleepy little overgrown village, and any progress toward making it a viable, vibrant city is evil. I'm glad those people are losing this battle. This is a cool enough town and it deserves the chance to become even better.

Hey, we have that problem here too. Only theyre the one's WINNING the battle. :lol: