Conference pride??

BCS1994

I have been rooting for the conference. Not in a fanatic, snobby way like some SEC fans, though.

I want all the teams to do well, or as well as possible. Of course, I want NU at the top, or as high as possible.

Since we are fairly new to the conference, many of us (me, at least) are still learning the finer points of the new teams and cities and fans and locations. It is exciting, still. So far, we seem to be more at home already than I ever felt in the Big 12. This feels more like the old Big 8 days to me. I see a group of schools with common goals and philosophies, with a strong interest in improving every member. The Big 8 was like that, for the most part. I cannot recall any extremely contentious issues in the Big 8, with the exception of whether or not to take the SWC outcasts or not. That turned out poorly.

The Big 12 was a decent idea, I suppose. Especially where TV revenue was concerned. But Texas, being the big population center, wielded the most power. And with no subtlety at all. They carried their power like a sledgehammer and seemed to enjoy displaying it, even over trivial matters. The Big 12 turned into a game of one upmanship. A game NU was neither equipped for nor wanted to take part in. I think the admin at NU did pretty well, all the way to the end, given the circumstances.

I feel much more at home in the Big 10, and though I know only a little about some schools, I have a feeling I will be rooting for all these teams for a long time. The common philosophies feel like the old Big 8. It feels like home, in other words, even though we are very new. I am grateful we had a bridge out of the mess developing around us at that time.

• Fire 2

In the big 12 I always rooted for Nebraska first, Division second, Conference third, and then for who ever played Texas. Now I do the same, except for instead of who plays Texas, it's who plays Ohio State.

That's a problem...why do you have to hate Ohio State? Please don't let it be because of the 2012 game...

In the big 12 I always rooted for Nebraska first, Division second, Conference third, and then for who ever played Texas. Now I do the same, except for instead of who plays Texas, it's who plays Ohio State.

That's a problem...why do you have to hate Ohio State? Please don't let it be because of the 2012 game...

Urban.

• Fire 1

Urban.

Oh. I don't think he is as bad of a guy as people make him out to be. If he wasn't as succesful as he is, people wouldn't give a f#*k about what he has done.

and what has he done?? said he he would never coach again and then took a job at Ohio State?

I'm ecstatic that we're in the B1G, and I take pride as a Husker fan that we're members. I think it will take time for Husker fans to acclimate to the B1G culture in taking a positive interest on how other conference members perform, because we left a conference whose culture and rules were to submit to the wishes and desires of the University of Texas, where a lot of Husker fans had no problems praying to the Prince of Darkness in hopes that the Longhorns were subjected to humiliations and failures against any and all opponents.

:hookerhorns

So now I'm wondering out loud......Do Ohio State fans cheer on Michigan and care how they perform, and does Michigan return the favor for Ohio State ?

• Fire 1