Alamo Bowl predictions

I'm reading a lot of posts that say Nebraska is going to do well against Michigan. Some of the posts guarantee victory, other posts sound confident, but fall just short of saying Nebraska will win.

So, what are your predictions?

How many points you giving?

Please note: I'm not talking trash, I'm not saying a bad word. I just want your cut and dry prediction and point spread on this year's Nebraska/Michigan bowl game.

I'd put Nebraska at about 7 point underdog. I haven't seen anything out of vegas, but I'm guessing it'll be around 13 there. Michigan has played a lot more talent than NU this year, has lost to better teams than NU, and the margin of loss has gotta factor into it. However, NU will travel well, and provide a psuedo-"homefield advantage".

This will be Callahan's first test in a post-season game. We'll see how well our staff can gameplan, and prepare for this game. It's a big ? in my book.

But, lets face it.. if we beat Michigan, it would be a big upset.. and would be H-U-G-E. Come on Huskers, lets do it!

GBR!

I'm reading a lot of posts that say Nebraska is going to do well against Michigan.  Some of the posts guarantee victory, other posts sound confident, but fall just short of saying Nebraska will win.

So, what are your predictions?

How many points you giving?

You are reading a lot of posts that say Nebraska is going to do well against Michigan, because they will. :horns2:horns2

:wtf How many points am I giving???

I remember my first beer. :dumdum:dumdum

Drop the crack pipe and back away please. When I can get points, why would I give 'em?? Does that happen a lot on the UM boards?

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

If I were a betting man, I would bet on the Huskers because I think they will cover the spread. Since I am not, I will merely say that if I were a betting man I would bet on the Huskers to cover. Two touchdowns is a lot. A month to prepare is a lot. Michigan feels like they got screwed by Iowa getting a better bowl. They either take it out on us, or they aren't as motivated to be playing a team like Huskers and the Skers capitalize. We'll see. I'm optimistic after the CU game though.

What do you want me to say? I don't think Nebraska is very good... There's a lot of very hopeful, very die-hard fans that want something to believe in-- but I think the team is still a year or two away from true respectability. If Michigan shows up to play, they win- end of story. It's like when Michigan plays Minnesota. Minnesota's not a very good team, but if Michigan doesn't show up to play, they won't win. (as apparent)

As stated, Michigan is the team that gets a lead and tries to sit on it. It's like Lloyd Carr is too afraid to embarass another program. Michigan letting loose wins by 25, Michigan in reality wins by 12, and if Michigan pouts about being in the Alamo Bowl they win only by 3.

Sorry Nebraksa, your Huskers gonna get shown the door.

What do you want me to say? I don't think Nebraska is very good... There's a lot of very hopeful, very die-hard fans that want something to believe in-- but I think the team is still a year or two away from true respectability. If Michigan shows up to play, they win- end of story. It's like when Michigan plays Minnesota. Minnesota's not a very good team, but if Michigan doesn't show up to play, they won't win. (as apparent)

If we are a year or two away from respectability, what does that say for Michigan? A win is a win, a loss is a loss, both or 7-4.

End of story? Let me peruse your logic: If Michigan plays well, the win. If they play poorly they lose. Ok, got it. :dumdum

just got back, been on the road for past 2 weeks, but i am excited about the Huskers getting an Alamo Bowl bid.......all i can say is they should be well coached /prepared and should provide a great effort (IMHO) ......don't know if that will be enough, but i like their chances and the opportunity they have here. :thumbs anyone else?

hunter