Alamo Ticket Sales

OQBWJLKPUOCVPUW.20051012205949.jpg

The Nebraska Athletic Department has announced at the close of the business day on Thursday it had sold its original allotment of 10,880 tickets for the Alamo Bowl, exactly four days after the announcement of the matchup with Michigan. However, Nebraska has secured additional tickets for its 43rd all-time bowl appearance through the Alamo Bowl ticket office, allowing even more Husker fans to follow the team to San Antonio.

“The response from Husker fans has been unbelievable,” Nebraska Assistant A.D. for Ticketing John Anderson said. “The immediate response was outstanding and sales have been very steady throughout the week. The Alamo Bowl has assured us they can accommodate more Husker fans, so we want to encourage fans to continuing buying tickets on-line or calling our office.”

Nebraska fans purchased more than 2,200 tickets through Huskers.com overnight on Sunday night after NU’s acceptance of its third Alamo Bowl bid in the past six seasons. Husker fans continued buying tickets at a fast pace throughout the week, buying Nebraska’s allotment of tickets in 96 hours, or approximately 113 tickets per hour.

Source: Huskers.com

Well I think it\'s probably obvious this is a home away from home game for NU. You guys can drive fairly easily to the game. On the other hand, Michigan fans aren\'t forking over money to watch a game on a weeknight in December. We can only count on the diehards and alumni in the San Antonio area to contribute.

Either way, it won\'t matter.

waaaa, waaaa, waaaa

we dont get to play on the 31st or the 1st

its not fair, we have to play in the middle of the week, we got screwed.

man it sucks, Iowa gets to play on a saturday why cant we, boo hoo

get over it.

Wow, do we not think much?

A New Year\'s Day game would bring at least a 3 day weekend for most people. Michigan, and any other program can travel well when people don\'t have to work. Let\'s change the game to Cleveland and see who travels better.

Well I think it\'s probably obvious this is a home away from home game for NU. You guys can drive fairly easily to the game. On the other hand, Michigan fans aren\'t forking over money to watch a game on a weeknight in December. We can only count on the diehards and alumni in the San Antonio area to contribute.

Either way, it won\'t matter.

And that ladies in gentelmen is why NU fans are the great fans in college football. 7-4 OR 13-0, weekday or New Years day bowl, NU fans will travel. This is why NU has more tradition then Michigan.

I hope the Michigan fans dont show up because that would definetly give us a homefield advantage. Maybe something Michgan fans can whine about when they lose "boo hoo, we didn't have as many fans there"

well lets see,

NU traveled to Notre Dame and had 25,000+ fans in the stand with out a 3 day weekend. How many fans did you have in the stands the last time UM played at ND

lincoln to san antonio-----14 hrs

ann arbor to san antonio--22 hrs

not that much of a difference 8 hrs

what doesnt employers in michigan offers vacation days

Nebraska Secures Additional Alamo Bowl Tickets

Courtesy: NU Media Relations

Release: 12/09/2005

Courtesy: Scott Bruhn/NU Media Relations

The Nebraska Athletic Department has announced at the close of the business day on Thursday it had sold its original allotment of 10,880 tickets for the Alamo Bowl, exactly four days after the announcement of the matchup with Michigan. However, Nebraska has secured additional tickets for its 43rd all-time bowl appearance through the Alamo Bowl ticket office, allowing even more Husker fans to follow the team to San Antonio.

“The response from Husker fans has been unbelievable,” Nebraska Assistant A.D. for Ticketing John Anderson said. “The immediate response was outstanding and sales have been very steady throughout the week. The Alamo Bowl has assured us they can accommodate more Husker fans, so we want to encourage fans to continuing buying tickets on-line or calling our office.”

Nebraska fans purchased more than 2,200 tickets through Huskers.com overnight on Sunday night after NU’s acceptance of its third Alamo Bowl bid in the past six seasons. Husker fans continued buying tickets at a fast pace throughout the week, buying Nebraska’s allotment of tickets in 96 hours, or approximately 113 tickets per hour.

Nebraska football fans wishing to purchase Alamo Bowl tickets can visit Huskers.com and click on the Alamo Bowl banner at the top of the page. Fans can also contact the Nebraska Athletic Ticket Office at 1-800-8BIGRED or (402) 472-3111.

Sounds like an excuse for Michigan fans to use for not being loyal and following their team. That's why personally I would have liked to see Iowa in the bowl with us because:

1. I'm from Iowa and would love to see Nebraska stomp the hell out of them.

2. It would make for a more competitive atmosphere all though it will be nice to have all those Husker faithful in the stands.

3. Did I say I would love to see the Huskers monkey stomp Iowa??? :box:woo

There is no doubt about it, the Husker fans travel very well. Perhaps the best in the country. However, that does not meen you have a better tradition.

The Nebraska football team is the ONLY show in the entire state. There are no other big time programs or professional sports. None. You're newspaper puts women's basketweeving on the front of the sports page, and it's all over the local news when BC has anything to say. The state of Michigan has 5 Division 1 football programs and all 4 major pro sports. College basketball is also huge there: MSU is a perenial national power, and Michigan BB is still very popular despite being down the past few years. Red Wings, need I say more? Pistons, duh, best team in the NBA. Lions are bad, but the fans in Michigan are die-hard and will always support them (all the while praying for Barry Sanders to come back). Tigers aren't much better than the Lions, but still have a huge following. Within in a years span, the NBA finals and the Super Bowl will have been played in the state.

Nebraska gets excited when they have a volleyball regional in the Quest Center. But that is part of its charm. I live here and appreciate the attention given to all the college sports. I love UNO hockey. But as far as national-level sports, the Husker football team is it (sorry, Jays b-ball is a local thing). So they are ALL there is to look forward too. It's no surprise that college teams in states with few other options have a good traveling fan base (Iowa, South Carolina). With that said, Michigan does have the largest Alumni in the country and does fairly well with locals going to games. But if Michigan were going to a BCS, they would travel. It just takes more than a dissapointing bowl game to get them to do it.