RPI

• 2 weeks later...

Warren Nolan now has Nebraska at 69. 16th toughest schedule. Next three opponents: KSU-114 Northwestern-115 Iowa-111

They really need to keep the bats hot, find some consistent pitching, and pick up 6 or 7 of the next 8.

Agreed. I'm hoping that beating a pretty decent Illinois team this weekend helps our kids pick their heads back up. I'm more worried about the lack of confidence and the late-game mental lapses more than even the hitting or pitching at this point.

This team really needs to go 3-1 in the next 4 (don't think they will, but could and need to), and with Creighton sitting at 57 and OSU at 60, that RPI should continue to climb.

Edit: After OSU is Arkansas currently at 39. After that, you have Rutgers and Indiana otherwise everyone has a horrible RPI. That makes this stretch of 6 games extremely important.

I show Nebraska moved up to 43rd place after the two wins against Arkansas:

http://www.warrennol...seball/2013/rpi

Record: 16-19

RPI: .5555

Ranking: 43

Strength of Schedule: .5724

SoS Rank: 14

I'm thinking as long as we win 15 of our next 18 games, including 10 of 12 of our remaining conference games, and at least make the B1G title game, we may squeak into the tourney, yes?

Or are we going to take *that* massive of a RPI hit from Purdue, T. Boones Farms Pickens U Okie Lite, and Michigan that we can't recover from, even with games against the Purple Kitties, Rutgers, and Indiana (all with sub-64 rank RPIs currently) on the horizon?

I think at this point in the season its safe to say that RPI isn't going to help us as much as we would like. The B1G is 1 bid... win and you are in. That's it!

Ah, but if we win the Tourney, and Indiana is still in the Top 10, then the B1G is no longer a one-bid conference.

I think at this point in the season its safe to say that RPI isn't going to help us as much as we would like. The B1G is 1 bid... win and you are in. That's it!

Ah, but if we win the Tourney, and Indiana is still in the Top 10, then the B1G is no longer a one-bid conference.

True. I was meaning more for our sake, that we don't stand a chance as an at large bid, even if we went undefeated the rest of the way i doubt that would be the case. You are right though, as If Indiana is highly ranked then the league would not be a 1 bidder. It would be nice to see more than 1 team get into post season. Its sad to say that there are so many no name conferences with multiple bids.