NU Basketball NOT Fan Friendly

I wouldn't say they're not fan friendly...I'd say they're confused. They bend over backwards to develop gimmicks and games to get people to come ,but overlook the most obvious and annoying little things that make people madder than hell. Charging for the same crappy parking was a slap in the face. What jmfb said about credit cards is right on and so easy to fix. And how about some privacy in the restroom...let's do away with the communal piss trough. You would think the move to Haymarket will be a big upgrade...the jury's still out.

I wouldn't say they're not fan friendly...I'd say they're confused. They bend over backwards to develop gimmicks and games to get people to come ,but overlook the most obvious and annoying little things that make people madder than hell. Charging for the same crappy parking was a slap in the face. What jmfb said about credit cards is right on and so easy to fix. And how about some privacy in the restroom...let's do away with the communal piss trough. You would think the move to Haymarket will be a big upgrade...the jury's still out.

Well, no duh. It's not even done with construction. :facepalm:

• Fire 2

Hey now. Communal piss troughs are as much a traditional part of Nebraska football and basketball as cracker jacks in baseball.

NU has a chance to do something special with its new digs

I for one appreciate tradition and history- been to nearly every home football game since 1970

Probably 90-100 basketball games

BUT Im all for making it as modern and fan friendly as is humanly possible

NU basketball has to attract more than the 5-6,000 hard core basketball people in the area who now are loyal fans/attenders

There is competition for that entertainment dollar, especially when the teams arent that great

If we play in a place that wont take credit cards and has piss troughs, the new digs will be just lipstick on a pig

NU has a chance to do something special with its new digs

I for one appreciate tradition and history- been to nearly every home football game since 1970

Probably 90-100 basketball games

BUT Im all for making it as modern and fan friendly as is humanly possible

NU basketball has to attract more than the 5-6,000 hard core basketball people in the area who now are loyal fans/attenders

There is competition for that entertainment dollar, especially when the teams arent that great

If we play in a place that wont take credit cards and has piss troughs, the new digs will be just lipstick on a pig

Cool

Well. That was an entertaining read. knapp pretty much summed up what I wanted to say. Four pages worth of posts that could have been summed up in a single paragraph.

Oh and my second favorite business in Lincoln doesn't accept cards ;)

Lets just go back to playing in the barn and accept only gold or silver for payment, maybe only have outhouse bathrooms, yep that's the ticket to getting more fans to attend in 2013 with a team with a losing record, brilliant LOL

I'd say they won't have a problem with attendance. First off, Nebraska plays in the premier basketball conference. Top teams continually pass through Lincoln and that will draw attention from the casual fan who wants to go see Ohio State, Michigan State, Indiana, etc. play in person. Second, the Huskers are in the first few seasons under a new head coach and will have many new players playing next season. Fans want to see the new guys up close and in person and see the hype. Third, they'll be playing in a new building that people will want to check out. Fourth, if you live in and around Lincoln, what much is there to do on a weekday in February? Might as well see the Huskers play. I'm sure, however, that the potential of not being able to pay with a credit card will overrule all four of those factors.

Nothing says 'Dumb hicks' like cash only and a communal piss trough. It's like the Schrute family set the place up. Hopefully the new facility won't price everyone out of consideration like the Ford Center in OKC....an expensive facility combined with a mediocre team is a bad combo.The biggest plus is the Haymarket location will offer plenty of opportunities to have a beer... whether it's to celebrate or drown your sorrow.