Next Seasons Roster

That's about where I'd place it. We'll still lack a true big man to play the five but there should be enough perimeter threats to allow the ball to get inside to Pitchford and Shields. What I wouldn't give to have Ubel for another season. I'm anxious to see where guys like Rivers, Gallegos, and Parker will progress coming off the bench. I think Gallegos can embrace a sixth man role where he comes off the bench to be an offensive spark. We just need to see more consistency across the board from our offense.

Probable. Think ray starts over Biggs early on, is replaced because of his suspect defense. This of course hinges on Biggs pulling his had out of his ass and quit being an issue off the court

You thinking Webster at PG then? I personally do not want Gallegos anywhere but SG. Ray seems like the perfect 6th man.

• Fire 1

When was the last time fans were mulling next years starting lineup just minutes after the season ended in BASKETBALL?

What a positive testament to the job Smiles and staff have done.

I agree with the sentiments of the choices above. Especially Ray as a 6th man, coming off the bench fresh and NOT being the sole outside threat so he can get some much better looks.

I am also excited about the preferred walk on designated shooter. It seems like everyone has one such sharpshooter and the state of Indiana is full of guys like that. We haven't gone that route since Cary Cohern (sp?) although he was from Iowa.

If we don't get a big man, look for us to run a much faster offense.

There is a lot of momentum for next year...............can't wait!

Probable. Think ray starts over Biggs early on, is replaced because of his suspect defense. This of course hinges on Biggs pulling his had out of his ass and quit being an issue off the court

You thinking Webster at PG then? I personally do not want Gallegos anywhere but SG. Ray seems like the perfect 6th man.

Correct. I think even if Biggs gets into the line up, Webster will run the show. His court awareness and experience could do wonders with this offense.

As it stands right now..my guess.

Pitchford, Serge

Petteway, Rivers

Shields, Fuller

Gallegos, Webster

Biggs, Hawkins

Redshirt

Parker.

I am sure I will change this after the spring signing period and probably a hundred times between now and the opener. :) Currently went with the most athletic guys balanced with experience. Got to say the bench really has a lot of shooters on it and looks pretty deadly. Line up would look really tough with a couple of rebounds & post defenders. Maybe Maric can come back as Larry Sandcastle, a new juco transfer from a tiny island between Australia and New Zealand.

I could easily see Gallegos coming in off the bench to lead that second group with Rivers.

I have to give the edge to Biggs to win the starting PG spot. He can break down a defense and while reports are that he has to work on defense, I think he still will have an advantage over incoming freshmen in regards to defense. He would be hard to beat athletically.

As it stands right now..my guess.

Pitchford, Serge

Petteway, Rivers

Shields, Fuller

Gallegos, Webster

Biggs, Hawkins

Redshirt

Parker.

I am sure I will change this after the spring signing period and probably a hundred times between now and the opener. :) Currently went with the most athletic guys balanced with experience. Got to say the bench really has a lot of shooters on it and looks pretty deadly. Line up would look really tough with a couple of rebounds & post defenders. Maybe Maric can come back as Larry Sandcastle, a new juco transfer from a tiny island between Australia and New Zealand.

I could easily see Gallegos coming in off the bench to lead that second group with Rivers.

I have to give the edge to Biggs to win the starting PG spot. He can break down a defense and while reports are that he has to work on defense, I think he still will have an advantage over incoming freshmen in regards to defense. He would be hard to beat athletically.

^This to a T. Maybe start Serge over Pitchford if he plays soft similar to what KU did this year with Kevin Young and Perry Ellis.

We will actually have some depth next year which will be nice and help us so much in big 10 play.

I just dont see it. Ray played the most minutes in all of big 10 this year so you know Miles likes him. He is always dependable and with players like Biggs and Webster coming in, who can pass the rock he will get a lot better looks next year. My money says he will start.

When was the last time fans were mulling next years starting lineup just minutes after the season ended in BASKETBALL?

What a positive testament to the job Smiles and staff have done.

I agree with the sentiments of the choices above. Especially Ray as a 6th man, coming off the bench fresh and NOT being the sole outside threat so he can get some much better looks.

I am also excited about the preferred walk on designated shooter. It seems like everyone has one such sharpshooter and the state of Indiana is full of guys like that. We haven't gone that route since Cary Cohern (sp?) although he was from Iowa.

If we don't get a big man, look for us to run a much faster offense.

There is a lot of momentum for next year...............can't wait!

I agree with this statement, but I do think that we are another year or two away from getting to the competitive level that I would like to see us. I think we will have another rough year next year, but I think that Miles has sure shown us that he is good at getting the most out of his players. Give him another year or two of recruiting and then we will start to compete a little bit more. I also can't wait until next year though!

I just dont see it. Ray played the most minutes in all of big 10 this year so you know Miles likes him. He is always dependable and with players like Biggs and Webster coming in, who can pass the rock he will get a lot better looks next year. My money says he will start.

Gotta respectfully disagree. Webster's international experience make him a proven distributor and that allows Biggs and/or Ray to be the shooting guard(s).

I think the reason Ray played gigantic minutes this year is the utter lack of depth and the even more distressing lack of additional shooters.

I agree next year could be rough depending on how ready our freshmen are to contribute. Our transfers including Biggs put a hurting to our starters this season in scrimmages. I'm talking not even close.

Did you go to a lot of practices? If so, what's Tim Miles like in practice? I think I would like to see that guy in action on a daily basis. I hope you're right about the boys coming back taking it to our starters from this year!

Gotta respectfully disagree. Webster's international experience make him a proven distributor and that allows Biggs and/or Ray to be the shooting guard(s).

I think the reason Ray played gigantic minutes this year is the utter lack of depth and the even more distressing lack of additional shooters.

Fair enough but I think Tai will be taking minutes from other guys (along with Ray) like Biggs and possibly the guys down low if we decide to play a quicker smaller lineup. At this moment I think Webster will be the 6th man coming into next year.