What Would a 64-Team College Football Playoff Look Like?

Maybe it is time to think of another football division. 64 teams from the Big 4 conferences which will all be 16 before too long - Big 10, Big 12, SEC and PAC12. The big conferences won't have to worry about keeping a level playing field for mid majors. Base a 8 team playoff with the 4 conf champions and the 4 hightest ranked teams remaining from the conferences or just a 4 team payoff of the conf champions.

Interesting discussion on this link below - some suggestions that the Big 10 could go to 18 or even 20 schools (a bit too far :wastedIMHO )

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2013/2/22/4019522/realignment-rumor-mill-guest-star-edition

starting to read this, i did not think i would agree with you....

...however, i ended up agreeing with you...

I agree with me too, thanks for noticing!

if it is strictly the top 8 or 10, then conf. champs. become a liability. but if it is mostly by conference champs., then quality teams in the same division would be denied in favor of less quality teams from inferior conferences.

You make a good point here. If there are no Auto-qualifiers, then why even play the CCG? It only hurts a team that is already playoff-bound, and has proven themselves head-to-head as the best in the conference.

Your second point I would disagree with, though. If a playoff is mostly conf champs with a few wildcards, then the only "quality teams" that should matter (that did not win their conference) are the ones good enough to get a wildcard. If you want to be considered for a national championship, win your conference. No excuses.