I believe the men's basketball team turns a profit in the 6 figure range. Obviously it is nothing compared to football

That's not too bad I guess, it might not be comparable to football $ but on the right track. Once we receive our full B1G share of revenue, we should be financially fit in every sport we participate in I believe! Not sure when that is that we will get our full B1G share though?

I believe the men's basketball team turns a profit in the 6 figure range. Obviously it is nothing compared to football

That's not too bad I guess, it might not be comparable to football $ but on the right track. Once we receive our full B1G share of revenue, we should be financially fit in every sport we participate in I believe! Not sure when that is that we will get our full B1G share though?

Might have to arrange a loan from Maryland.......

• Fire 1

Oh ye`a, what was it that I heard about Maryland getting a special travel allowance? What’s up with that?

Oh ye`a, what was it that I heard about Maryland getting a special travel allowance? What’s up with that?

It's BS, is what it is. Did Delaney really think they needed incentive monies to join? And, how does that effect us getting our full share? What is the current timeline for us to be considered "equal and full" in terms of membership and revenue sharing?

• Fire 1

It's BS, is what it is. Did Delaney really think they needed incentive monies to join? And, how does that effect us getting our full share? What is the current timeline for us to be considered "equal and full" in terms of membership and revenue sharing?

That doesn’t sound very equitable from our vantage point does it? I am not in the know so can't make heads or tails about it but would think we would be able to say :wtf and be heard?

Maryland is getting a stipend in the 20+ million dollar range to aid in travel cost. The reason for this is because Marylands AD is practically bankrupt and cutting sports to even try to stay afloat. The stipend will come out of their cut from being in the B1G. Basically we are making them a loan so they can participate in sports.

• Fire 2

Maryland is getting a stipend in the 20+ million dollar range to aid in travel cost. The reason for this is because Marylands AD is practically bankrupt and cutting sports to even try to stay afloat. The stipend will come out of their cut from being in the B1G. Basically we are making them a loan so they can participate in sports.

Thanks Hedley Lamarr for the info!

I now see why they were such a "huge get" for the B1G. :huh:

We will end up with 20 teams. We are collapsing the ACC. Next move is Virginia and UNC

• Fire 2

We will end up with 20 teams. We are collapsing the ACC. Next move is Virginia and UNC

I am not in love with that thought process although I have heard these were two teams possible. The UNC may be tougher to do because they are kind of joined at the hip with Duke in basketball and were part of the founding members of the ACC. Personally, I would go for VTech and Fla State if we are going to travel to the southern portions of the map to add more teams. All in all, the B1G will end up losing its identity and one of the very reasons we came to the B1G (stability) will be in question. IMO