History Channel - The Bible

Thought about watching it until I found out Joel Osteen and Rick Warren were two of the higher-ups involved with it.

Nothing to see with the actor though; that particular guy has portrayed biblical, and even satanic, characters before. He's a well-established and well-respected actor.

Watched some of part 3 last night. Seems like it might be pretty good. First two are available on demand. Prob start from the beginning (pun sort of intended) tonight or tomorrow. I won't snub it just because there are some attention whores involved higher up. Could still be worthwhile.

Thought about watching it until I found out Joel Osteen and Rick Warren were two of the higher-ups involved with it.

Nothing to see with the actor though; that particular guy has portrayed biblical, and even satanic, characters before. He's a well-established and well-respected actor.

What would you really expect? A couple atheists to be in charge of a series called THE BIBLE? I haven't watched 32 seconds of it, so someone who has can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing the show isn't really hiding the fact that it's aimed towards Christians.

the history channel is a joke.

May not apply to this program but in general I have to agree. A ton of their history stuff rates really low on the academic scale.

i was speaking generally. it is all aliens and nazis.

aliens_guy.jpg

What would you really expect? A couple atheists to be in charge of a series called THE BIBLE? I haven't watched 32 seconds of it, so someone who has can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing the show isn't really hiding the fact that it's aimed towards Christians.

i am going to have to disagree with you. the bible is a historical text that has been academically studied. as such, anyone who has studied it and understands it could do a documentary on it, if their goal was to just present facts or a retelling of the stories of the bible. however, if it is aimed at christians to verify or strengthen their beliefs, then christians should probably be in charge. but then you might as well just watch 'veggie tales'. and that is not meant to be derogatory, 'veggie tales' does a really good job of portraying the parables of the bible. i have not seen this program and am unfamiliar with its purpose.

I didn't watch it real close because I turned it on in the middle of part three and coincidently, I was reading the Bible at the same time. Freakishly, at one point in the program, they were word for word on TV with what I was reading. Not sure that means they hold that true throughout or not but it was quite a coincidence. I'm sure their take on things might not be as precise as some would prefer. I'm just spit ballin here but guessing that Landlord would find some issues with something.