Wondering if this would change the perception of Bo

Seems like it's changing peoples' perception of Taylor Martinez:

@HuskerExtraBC

By the way: General mood of fans regarding Taylor seems slightly changed to me. More love. I know it's April, but sense a different vibe...

...It just feels like the winds are shifting some when it comes to Martinez and how some #Husker fans view him. Am I reading it wrong?

@HuskerExtraBC

Agree. RT @WesleyDemke i think it's helped the "taylor haters" that he appears to be more open, with recent articles and interviews

Certainly the heat of the fall will tell a lot about my theory. Nebraska QBs, fairly or unfairly, are usually judged by championships.

I'll chime in on this.

This "Taylor haters" bullsh#t is so way overblown it's gotten to the point of ridiculousness now. I technically two years ago could have been called a Taylor hater. Why? At one time I did not think he was the best QB available on this football team. At one time, I felt we had someone on the sideline that gave us a better chance to win. Now how in the f#*k does that equal "hate"? I think the Taylor "lovers" have overblown this whole thing, and fueled this thing so much it became almost a statewide torch and pitchfork manhunt against anyone who had anything negative to say about Taylor. The media has used it to right some pretty intriguing stories and sell a few newspapers.

I say for God's sake give it up already. CLEARLY, I repeat, CLEARLY Taylor Martinez is a pretty classy dude. As a matter of fact, this team is full of classy dudes. Bo Pelini is a damn good dude, and I think he searches the country for good kids to play on his football team. Not only that, but I WAS WRONG, Taylor was the best option we had at QB, he is still the best option we have at QB. He's put together one damn find career, and he will leave Nebraska after his senior year garnering much more respect than he had as a freshman. Which happens to be the case for just about every Husker player that ever walked the planet. I say good for him. He's earned it. He deserves it. You know why? Because he worked for it. He did the right things. He sought extra help to improve his game, and he has learned and grown as a young man to improve himself as a human being. As do most people from the age of 18 to 22 years old. It's a very natural process. Difference is, he is the big shot. He's the QB. He's got the spotlight.

Maybe. just maybe, if the media wrote less articles. and had less comments about the so called "hatred" for Taylor, and focused more of their time on the great things these guys do in the community and so forth, this "Taylor hater" notion wouldn't be such an overblown crock of sh#t that it has become. In all reality, that can't represent very much of the Nebraska fan population at all. I guarantee you it is by FAR the minority.

Obviously you are not a Taylor-hater, True. Obviously this concept is way overblown in regards to your opinion of Taylor

But in general, it is not. I talk to Taylor-haters everyday. It's blinded, preconceived opinions. They may have had a legitimate reason at one time, but now that they dont, their opinion has not changed one bit. Yes, they are out there.

I just don't get why then. I really don't.

Yup there are plenty of Taylor haters out there.

I work with a Husker fan that has told me on numerous occasions that Taylor sucks and that we need a new QB for the 2013 season. I asked him if he thought Taylor improved at all when comparing the 12' season to the 11' season and he said nope Taylor is still a horrible passer and a QB overall (this is coming from a Husker fan that refuses to go to a home Husker game even offered free tickets). Sure Taylor struggles a few on his passes but his game improved dramatically from 11' to 12' season and you'd be blind not to see the improvement.

I'm honored to have Taylor as our QB

Taylor has shown grit and toughness. He has persevered and has improved. He has stuck it out and really contributed. He should be commended in every way. He is all Husker and we should all appreciate his contributions... which have been many and meaningful.

I am glad he has been (and remains) a Husker. It is hard not to root for the kid... so I wish him the best. We all should.