The Fighting Erstad's vs. The Buckeyes Of Ohio State

When Erstad gets some more depth he's going to have one tough team.

I get the need for depth and talent and hopefully Erstad will do a good job recruiting; however, this team seems to make mental mistakes that lead to losses. for example, I think it was sanguinetti (sp?) dove for a ball in the outfield yesterday with two outs, missed it, and the winning run scored. I would hope such simple situations are covered by the coaches. either they aren't or the players (in the example I gave a senior) aren't taking coaching to heart.

7-0 OSU top of the 8th. huskers lose very winnable series.

Again, very inconsistent pitching and at the plate. Friday afternoon looked as if this would be one of those weekends where it just clicked and this team would band together and make themselves a force in the B1G. Leaving guys on base, hitting batters and giving up extra outs will not make this team successful. Ohio state isn't that daunting of a team. I really hope they take a look at this weekend and work on battling at the plate, ESPECIALLY with RISP. This team was weak in this area this weekend. And giving up how many double plays with 1 out and in many cases 2 guys on.