IRS Believes They Don't Need a Warrant to Search Electronic Communication

Don't agree with this at all. Didn't agree with illegal wire-tapping from the Bush administration either. I view them as kind of the same thing.

Not as timely as it could of been, these things were FB gold a few months ago... But I think this sums it up very well...

When it comes to domestic privacy that's spot on. When it comes to transparency Obama is probably worse.

(I support his policies in a lot of other ares . . . but the above two are definitely sore spots.)

although he has not dragged us into multiple wars, his foreign policy is pretty status quo, which is to say disappointing.

Agreed. ---Edited to prevent thread derailment---

I'm with tschu on this one. Things are changing faster than our laws and constitution can keep. If folks just keep their noses clean then there's nothing to hide.

Really???? Wow....that is a scary thought. Hey....keep your head down, nose clean and don't give the government people any reason to do anything bad to you.

Those comments bring thoughts to my mind from of countries we defeated in the 1940s.

I'm with tschu on this one. Things are changing faster than our laws and constitution can keep. If folks just keep their noses clean then there's nothing to hide.

I'm curious what your thoughts are about the Stop and Frisk law in New York City? It's no different than what you are suggesting. If you aren't doing anything illegal then why should you care if the police come by and pat you down.

I didnt think he was serious. I didnt think I would be taken serious.

I forgot this. I apologize. :sarcasm

although he has not dragged us into multiple wars, his foreign policy is pretty status quo, which is to say disappointing.

At least he is ending wars . . . I'm not convinced that Bush/Cheney wouldn't have us in Iran at this point.

And North Korea.

At least he is ending wars . . . I'm not convinced that Bush/Cheney wouldn't have us in Iran at this point.

And North Korea.

i did not know north korea had oil.

And North Korea.

They didn't seem to care too much when they were acquiring nukes . . .

Not for nothing, but Iran are the S.O.B's that should have come before Iraq, once they'd taken care of the 'Stan...

This is BS. Terrible argument from the IRS attorneys.

I wish one of these would things would end up with the gov saying "Well, the area might be murky, but we are going with personal privacy, it might be legal to read the emails, but we feel it violates the spirit of The Constitution, so we will not"... Ohh a boy can dream...

• Fire 1

I wish one of these would things would end up with the gov saying "Well, the area might be murky, but we are going with personal privacy, it might be legal to read the emails, but we feel it violates the spirit of The Constitution, so we will not"... Ohh a boy can dream...

The 6th Circuit ruled that they need warrants, but the IRS seems to be ignoring it, at least for states that are not covered by the 6th.

The 6th Circuit ruled that they need warrants, but the IRS seems to be ignoring it, at least for states that are not covered by the 6th.

Wow.. what a pile of BS...