The Fighting Erstad's vs. The Boilermakers of Purdue

Friday, April 19 – 6 p.m. (CT)

Probable Starters: RHP Christian DeLeon (4-2) vs. RHP Robert Ramer (2-2)

TV: BTN

Stream: BTN2Go.com

Radio: Husker Sports Network

Saturday, April 20 – 6 p.m. (CT)

Probable Starters: LHP Aaron Bummer (1-0) vs. LHP Jordan Minch (4-4)

TV: None

Stream: BTN.com

Sunday, April 21 – 11 a.m. (CT)

Probable Starters: LHP Kyle Kubat (1-0) vs. TBA

TV: None

Stream: BTN.com

If we sweep we will be over .500!

Rest of article here.

That's the scary thing. This team doesn't know how to focus and controlling their own destiny to me is scary. They will find ways to lose as they have all season. Sucks but the truth is in the pudding. Errors, leaving runners on base, can't hold opponents under 5 runs, walks, pass balls, pitchers that look dominant one performance and totally opposite the next outing... How hard must it be for Silva right now? He has to be shaking his head wondering what he needs to do to get some consistency from the mound. Regardless, I expect the worst and hope for the best here. Purdue wins the series 2-1.

I think DeLeon is one of our more consistent pitchers. I think that IF the offense can have a consistent outing this weekend at the plate we should be able to win 2.. SHOULD.. If Kubat can build of his first outing this should fair well for the skers. These guys need consistency all the way around for the rest of the season to hope for any post season action.

The reality is that in the 19 losses 12 are by 2 runs or less. many of those losses against really good competition. The cupboard is obviously pretty bare as far as a talent standpoint. The losses are disappointing. But IF they straighten out the inconsistencies they could be a pretty decent team. This is my glass half full analysis.

I was very down on this team, but am changing my mind after the past week. I don't put a lot of stock in the Arkansas games, because that team was bad. There is no way that's the 12th best team in the nation, and if they are the players obviously did not come ready to play. What I do put stock in, is the way Bummer and Kubat emerged. With a winnable series this weekend and next weekend being out of conference play, these guys have a couple more weeks to really get buckled down. IF (big 'if') they get settled in, Nebraska suddenly has 3 solid starters to go with their blossoming offense.

I will agree this team is looking like it could get hot at the right time. But i will disagree that arkansas isnt that good of a team. They were preseason #1 in many polls. They also had the BEST team ERA. I think what had more to do with it than anything was our consistency, and the cold weather.

• Fire 1

I will agree this team is looking like it could get hot at the right time. But i will disagree that arkansas isnt that good of a team. They were preseason #1 in many polls. They also had the BEST team ERA. I think what had more to do with it than anything was our consistency, and the cold weather.

I have no doubt Arkansas as a team is very good, what I was trying to say is the team that showed up on Tuesday was not a top 25 team. They booted a lot of balls and had some horrendous ab's.