New Divisions: ESPN We are in the West of course.

Flood

My sister went to Penn State...never underestimate their size and influence 1 out of every 5 college grads in the US went to Penn State...I went to games there in the 80's - the place is football - will always be football - State College becomes the 3rd largest city in the State on Saturday. This will not be an alumni-fanbase that acquiesces to forever mediocrity.

and 4 out of every 5 college grads in the US find this hilarious.

penn. st. was stagnant before the sanctions. so you went to a few of their games in the 80s, they have down nothing in the 90s or oughts.

i agree with tschu. nebraska/wiscy/northwestern are pretty close to osu/mich/msu. and the programs' strength with was and wane, ultimately being pretty even.

Well they did go undefeated in 1994 only to get screwed out of a national title.

well, karma's a 'b'.

Records by schools since 2008 (Bo's first year). I choose 2008 because it was Bo's first year at Nebraska but also because it wasn't that long ago and decided to only use 5 seasons for every school in the B1G including the new additions with Nebraska, Maryland and Rutgers.

Before starting, just looking at the divisions it was clear that the East was more stacked but after putting together each schools records for the past 5 years I was wrong and it looks like both divisions are not too far off as most of use are clearly saying.

West (254-185)

Purdue (27-23)

2008 - 4-8

2009 - 5-7

2010 - 5-7

2011 - 7-6

2012 - 6-7

Illinois (25-37)

2008 - 5-7

2009 - 3-9

2010 - 8-5

2011 - 7-6

2012 - 2-10

Iowa (41-23)

2008 - 9-4

2009 - 11-2

2010 - 9-4

2011 - 7-6

2012 - 5-7

Minnesota (26-37)

2008 - 7-6

2009 - 6-7

2010 - 4-8

2011 - 3-9

2012 - 6-7

Wisconsin (47-20)

2008 - 7-6

2009 - 10-3

2010 - 11-2

2011 - 11-3

2012 - 8-6

Northwestern (40-25)

2008 - 9-4

2009 - 8-5

2010 - 7-6

2011 - 6-7

2012 - 10-3

Nebraska (48-20)

2008 - 9-4

2009 - 10-4

2010 - 10-4

2011 - 9-4

2012 - 10-4

East (260-183)

Indiana (18-42)

2008 - 3-9

2009 - 4-8

2010 - 6-6

2011 - 1-11

2012 - 4-8

Maryland (25-37)

2008 - 8-5

2009 - 2-10

2010 - 9-4

2011 - 2-10

2012 - 4-8

Michigan (35-28)

2008 - 3-9

2009 - 5-7

2010 - 8-5

2011 - 11-2

2012 - 8-5

Michigan State (44-22)

2008 9-4

2009 6-7

2010 11-2

2011 11-3

2012 7-6

Ohio State (51-13)

2008 - 10-3

2009 - 11-2

2010 - 12-1

2011 - 6-7

2012 - 12-0

Penn State (47-17)

2008 - 11-2

2009 - 11-2

2010 - 8-5

2011 - 9-4

2012 - 8-4

Rutgers (40-24)

2008 - 9-4

2009 - 9-4

2010 - 4-8

2011 - 9-4

2012 - 9-4

• Fire 2

I don't think Michigan and Wisconsin even remotely compare. Maybe I don't know a whole lot about Wisconsin football but haven't they only really been on the radar the last few years with Enema as their HC? Now Enema is gone so please Vadger fans forgive me, but I see Wisconsin as a team on the downswing. Michigan has always been a power, and I only see them getting better. So how exactly does OSU/Mich/MSU/PSU even remotely compare to NU/Wis/NW? I don't see it?

You mean the guy that has begotten them more success in the last 2 years than they've had in, say, the last 10? Sure, whatever.

You're kidding, right? A 3-9 season and a 6-7 season is not more success than they've had in the last 10. Glen Mason and Tim Brewster led them to 7 bowl games in 8 years during the last decade.

Hmmm, maybe I meant the last 5. Brewster did suck and Mason had Maroney and the other guy at the same time.

Wisconsin has won the last 2 Big 10 titles outright and a 3 way split for it in 2010.

Of course last season could be seen as not outright considerin they basically backed into the title game on a stipulation, but they won it nonetheless.

and i am taking a 'wait and see' approach with both mich. and definitely msu. this is the year mich. can prove if they are back as contenders, or are just pretenders. out of all of those teams, osu seems the most legit and wiscy has proved the most recently.

Wisconsin has won the last 2 Big 10 titles outright and a 3 way split for it in 2010.

Of course last season could be seen as not outright considerin they basically backed into the title game on a stipulation, but they won it nonetheless.

Yea they have accountability. I was speaking more as of the direction I see their program heading more so than where they have been. Kudos to them for their recent success, but since these new divisional alignments don't actually go into motion until two seasons from now, I was looking at where their program will be at that point in time. I see Michigan, Ohio St., Penn St. and Michigan St. being able to sustain their relevance for years to come, much like they have in the past. Though Wisconsin on the other hand, I can't say the same. I think coach Enema leaving is going to be the beginning of the end for the Vadgers.

Yea they have accountability. I was speaking more as of the direction I see their program heading more so than where they have been. Kudos to them for their recent success, but since these new divisional alignments don't actually go into motion until two seasons from now, I was looking at where their program will be at that point in time. I see Michigan, Ohio St., Penn St. and Michigan St. being able to sustain their relevance for years to come, much like they have in the past. Though Wisconsin on the other hand, I can't say the same. I think coach Enema leaving is going to be the beginning of the end for the Vadgers.

I see that now. My bad.

I dont see them sustaining. I see them falling off some with a new staff and then possible coming back up.

I don't think Michigan and Wisconsin even remotely compare. Maybe I don't know a whole lot about Wisconsin football but haven't they only really been on the radar the last few years with Enema as their HC? Now Enema is gone so please Vadger fans forgive me, but I see Wisconsin as a team on the downswing. Michigan has always been a power, and I only see them getting better. So how exactly does OSU/Mich/MSU/PSU even remotely compare to NU/Wis/NW? I don't see it?

Well before Bielema there was this guy named Alvarez...maybe you've heard of him?

Honestly there's a lot of uncertainty around the Badger program right now because of the coaching staff turnover (actually, Wisconsin has had major coaching upheavals for three straight years now), but I don't see us falling off much. Gary Andersen seems like the real deal and my expectations right now are that we'll compete for the West division title on a regular basis.

I'm noticing a lot of relegating UW to 2nd fiddle in this new division. I might point out 48-17, 30-27 (with a 17 point lead blown), 70-31. One team has been clearly ahead of the other but its not Nebraska. Traditionally UW doesn't hold a candle to NU but on the field recently UW is clearly in the drivers seat in this new alignment.

Wisconsin clearly ahead of Nebraska?? LOL wow. How many games did Wisconsin lose last year? How many of them being quality opponents? Nebraska lost to UCLA, tOSU, UW and UGA. All quality teams. At least we can say we made it there because we were the BEST in our division, and we didn't make it there by default.

Its going to be interesting to see how Wisconsin does with no Monte Ball and no Jared Abbrederis.

Also, with the talent WI is losing, defensively and offensively, and changing the defense and offense, with a new coach, how do you figure they are in the drivers seat? I would say Northwestern would be in the drivers seat before Wisconsin at this point.

• Fire 1
Its going to be interesting to see how Wisconsin does with no Monte Ball and no Jared Abbrederis.

Where is Jared Abbrederis going?

Running back is not an issue for Wisconsin. Nebraska fans should well remember James White and Melvin Gordon from the B1G championship game.

I'm noticing a lot of relegating UW to 2nd fiddle in this new division. I might point out 48-17, 30-27 (with a 17 point lead blown), 70-31. One team has been clearly ahead of the other but its not Nebraska. Traditionally UW doesn't hold a candle to NU but on the field recently UW is clearly in the drivers seat in this new alignment.

Wisconsin clearly ahead of Nebraska?? LOL wow. How many games did Wisconsin lose last year? How many of them being quality opponents? Nebraska lost to UCLA, tOSU, UW and UGA. All quality teams. At least we can say we made it there because we were the BEST in our division, and we didn't make it there by default.

Also, with the talent WI is losing, defensively and offensively, and changing the defense and offense, with a new coach, how do you figure they are in the drivers seat? I would say Northwestern would be in the drivers seat before Wisconsin at this point.

I'm sorry Nick, but you can argue with what happens on the field. Spin how you want. There is not more upper comparison than on-field results.

Is Wisconsin as far ahead of Nebraska as the scores suggest? Probably not. But right now, they are ahead of Nebraska from a program standpoint.