New Divisions: ESPN We are in the West of course.

Flood

Ok. We're on to page 3. I will now make my comment to those dissappointed in this.

1st. We're likely to not even see this alignment fully established before it needs to be changed again. This conference alignment thing is just getting started, and at some point, it's going to just explode.

2nd. Even if we do play this alignment for a few years, I guarantee you that when that time comes, the majority will be tickled pink of our easy road to a championship game. Sure rignt now we're bitter, but it's the offseason and all we have is time to speculate. But when it's time to actually play the games and make a run, we're gonna be glat we're playing Illinois and Purdue in Lincoln rather than Ohio St and Michigan.

• Fire 1

Bad word choice. Obviously didn't mean dead. I meant trending neither up nor down. Treading water. Stuck in neutral. Haha

Confuses flatlining with neither up nor down? lol. Note to self: I would NEVER give tschu the medical authority to pull the plug on me if I’m in the hospital. :lol:

• Fire 1

Ok. We're on to page 3. I will now make my comment to those dissappointed in this.

1st. We're likely to not even see this alignment fully established before it needs to be changed again. This conference alignment thing is just getting started, and at some point, it's going to just explode.

2nd. Even if we do play this alignment for a few years, I guarantee you that when that time comes, the majority will be tickled pink of our easy road to a championship game. Sure rignt now we're bitter, but it's the offseason and all we have is time to speculate. But when it's time to actually play the games and make a run, we're gonna be glat we're playing Illinois and Purdue in Lincoln rather than Ohio St and Michigan.

Regarding your second point, isn't that what we should've thought with the Big 12 North? Sure, NU won that division more often than not, but once Osborne's recruits were gone, NU could no longer complete with the new Big 12 elite (OU/UT) nor the national elite.

I fear this realignment will put NU on this same course. Theoretically, NU should now experience even more trouble pulling the best recruits out the B1G Eastern states considering they're already closer to home and now the percpetion will be that the best football the B1G has to offer will be in the East. Perhpas NU will do a better job overcoming this in the B1G than they did in the Big12, but on paper, this is the same story different conference.

Bad word choice. Obviously didn't mean dead. I meant trending neither up nor down. Treading water. Stuck in neutral. Haha

Confuses flatlining with neither up nor down? lol. Note to self: I would NEVER give tschu the medical authority to pull the plug on me if I’m in the hospital. :lol:

LOL. NUance isn't flatlining, he's just having a totally average day!

Regarding your second point, isn't that what we should've thought with the Big 12 North? Sure, NU won that division more often than not, but once Osborne's recruits were gone, NU could no longer complete with the new Big 12 elite (OU/UT) nor the national elite.

I fear this realignment will put NU on this same course. Theoretically, NU should now experience even more trouble pulling the best recruits out the B1G Eastern states considering they're already closer to home and now the percpetion will be that the best football the B1G has to offer will be in the East. Perhpas NU will do a better job overcoming this in the B1G than they did in the Big12, but on paper, this is the same story different conference.

There is truth to your post except one major variable. NU has fired 2 coaches for not succeeding in "weak" divisions by making regular appearances. Bo has done that outside of his first year on the job, and his first year in a new conference. Bo has appeared, and competed, in conference championship games (insert Wisc. joke here :)

) when common logic was against it...

first year: shared North with a good Mizz team

2nd year: :01

3rd year: 2nd half offensive meltdown from a championship

4th year: new conference, different style. Still, respectful showing.

5th year: hey, at least the bus driver showed up.....

I know this will get us nowhere, but ALABAMA has only represented their division 3 out of the last 5 years.....and 4 of the last 13!!!!

Only protected crossover will be Purdue - IU.

I think the expectation from the West would be expect at least one of Michigan/OSU/Penn State every year + 2 others.

That's kind of disappointing but probably for the best.

I don't know what I think about all of it, I wanted East-West from the beginning - when we first added Nebraska - but now that we have it it feels an awful lot like the old Big 12.

All of the talent and all but one of the traditional powerhouses are in the East. The West is going to be hurting but at least we'll all be filthy rich.

• Fire 1