Thanksgiving weekend in the Big Ten

I'm just saying we can't complain about SEC teams coming up after September when we don't even make that an option.

If Bama or LSU said "hey, Mr Eichorst, we wanna come up to Lincoln and play on November 30th", I guarantee you we would make it work.

Dirk Chatlein made some great points in his "mad chatter" today.... I agree that Nebraska needs to try and get a HUGE neutral site game at least every other year. By huge I mean Bama, LSU, OU, Texas A&M, USC, Oregon, Notre Dame, Florida St., etc....

I'm just saying we can't complain about SEC teams coming up after September when we don't even make that an option.

If Bama or LSU said "hey, Mr Eichorst, we wanna come up to Lincoln and play on November 30th", I guarantee you we would make it work.

Dirk Chatlein made some great points in his "mad chatter" today.... I agree that Nebraska needs to try and get a HUGE neutral site game at least every other year. By huge I mean Bama, LSU, OU, Texas A&M, USC, Oregon, Notre Dame, Florida St., etc....

Home and Home is better though. We have Miami and Tenn coming up. And no idea how good they will be when the games get here. Its silly looking at games scheduled for 2019 and talking about how good the team is. Just look at USC last year, before the season everyone thought they would be killer. Oops. Going that far out, just get good named programs and keep your fingers crossed.

Home and Home is better though. We have Miami and Tenn coming up. And no idea how good they will be when the games get here. Its silly looking at games scheduled for 2019 and talking about how good the team is. Just look at USC last year, before the season everyone thought they would be killer. Oops. Going that far out, just get good named programs and keep your fingers crossed.

Neutral site showdowns are trending right now, and Nebraska needs to get in on that.... A&M at Cowboy Stadium.... Bama in the SuperDome.... Notre Dame at Soldier Field.... OU in Kansas City.... Oregon at Mile High.... The nation would want too see those games..... And if we win those games, it sets the tone for the rest of the season nationally.....

As long as the neutral site game does not take away from our normal 7-8 home games, I'm all for it. But if we're gonna lose a home game to it, no thanks.

Seriously? Losing a home game every other year won't hurt anything. I could understand if we were losing that home game in-conference, or too a low level college, but it would be worth it for the exposure to play another big-time program at a neutral site. It would also look good on the fan base, because I'm sure we would dominate attendance too said neutral site game.....

As long as the neutral site game does not take away from our normal 7-8 home games, I'm all for it. But if we're gonna lose a home game to it, no thanks.

Seriously? Losing a home game every other year won't hurt anything. I could understand if we were losing that home game in-conference, or too a low level college, but it would be worth it for the exposure to play another big-time program at a neutral site. It would also look good on the fan base, because I'm sure we would dominate attendance too said neutral site game.....

Not for me. Just a personal opinion. I want all the home games we can get because from my standpoint, they're the only ones I can make.

But,yes, I do understand the benefits of such a matchup. I didnt intend for my comment to be a knock on such.

Not for me. Just a personal opinion. I want all the home games we can get because from my standpoint, they're the only ones I can make.

But,yes, I do understand the benefits of such a matchup. I didnt intend for my comment to be a knock on such.

I live out-of-state, but living in-state I could certainly understand your positioning.... I just want Nebraska too have that "anyone anywhere" approach too scheduling....

I live out-of-state, but living in-state I could certainly understand your positioning.... I just want Nebraska too have that "anyone anywhere" approach too scheduling....

I agree.

I live almost 2 hours from Lincoln. I will say this. I would make a game at Arrowhead no matter what. That would not be an issue whatsoever. I've made the other two that have been played there.

Unless they were planning for 2025, then no, we would not make it work. We don't get to choose the dates of conference games, which means we have 5 to 6 open weeks to schedule our non-conference games and byes. We're never going to choose "play difficult OOC game later in year and take the bye in week 3" as opposed to the other way around. That would mean 8 straight Big Ten games + LSU/Alabama/whoever + B1G title game. 10 straight weeks, no byes, with that schedule? That's brutal and should not be self-inflicted.

Seriously? Have you been paying attention to anything the AD has said about the source of our income?