Thanksgiving weekend in the Big Ten

I wouldn't mind keeping the Iowa game for day after Thanksgiving if Iowa is interested. I don't think they are. I think Barry Alvarez understands the game and would be excited to have Wisconsin play Nebraska on that day. So let's line up whichever team wants to play more.

I'd rather have Wisconsin. I don't think Iowa is going to be really competitive, and as nice as giving them a beatdown every year might be, it ends up as a no win situation if we are supposed to drill them every year. Wisconsin should be a much better game.

I wouldn't mind keeping the Iowa game for day after Thanksgiving if Iowa is interested. I don't think they are. I think Barry Alvarez understands the game and would be excited to have Wisconsin play Nebraska on that day. So let's line up whichever team wants to play more.

I'd rather have Wisconsin. I don't think Iowa is going to be really competitive, and as nice as giving them a beatdown every year might be, it ends up as a no win situation if we are supposed to drill them every year. Wisconsin should be a much better game.

Wisconsin is the better option of course. I just didn't mind it being Iowa. I just want it to be a team that wants to get up for the game. Iowa is clearly not that team as evidenced by several newspaper articles over the past 2 years.

Something tells me that having Wisky as our Thanksgiving week game instead of Iowa would go a long way to help fans that have yet to move on from not having Oklahoma to play that week.

Plus, Wisky is likely going to be ranked or close to it most years--good wins like this late in the season are great for bumping up one's ranking and SoS, even if we encounter an early-season stumble.

Instead of fixing the team and benefiting from the increased exposure, they want to get rid of it altogether so that neither school can take advantage of it. Typical Iowa. Change it to Wisconsin. We'll get to see competitive games against competition that actually wants to be there.

With the new divisions being set what is the ideal rivalry weekend to get the best buzz going on in the conference?

I would start with Penn State vs Rutgers on Thanksgiving in the Meadowlands every year. Right after the Macy's parade.

Wisconsin vs Nebraska on black Friday.

The Game(OSU v scUM)

Bucket game(IU vs PU)

Floyd(Minny vs UI)

the Lincoln trophy thing( NU vs UIUC)

and Sparty vs UMD. Terps already hate Sparty for knocking them out of the NCAA tourney a fews years back.

Why would NU play on two consecutive days?

That's something I never understood.

http://www.unl.edu/

University of Nebraska-Lincoln........NU? :dunno:confucius

http://www.osu.edu/

THE Ohio State University

With the new divisions being set what is the ideal rivalry weekend to get the best buzz going on in the conference?

I would start with Penn State vs Rutgers on Thanksgiving in the Meadowlands every year. Right after the Macy's parade.

Wisconsin vs Nebraska on black Friday.

The Game(OSU v scUM)

Bucket game(IU vs PU)

Floyd(Minny vs UI)

the Lincoln trophy thing( NU vs UIUC)

and Sparty vs UMD. Terps already hate Sparty for knocking them out of the NCAA tourney a fews years back.

Why would NU play on two consecutive days?

That's something I never understood.

http://www.unl.edu/

University of Nebraska-Lincoln........NU? :dunno:confucius

http://www.osu.edu/

THE Ohio State University

That is actually on my degree and the official seal.

Seal_of_the_Ohio_State_University.png

Wisky is apparently trying to get LSU to play in Lambeau.

Props to them for trying to increase their scheduling profile.

Good luck getting an SEC team to play anywhere North of the Mason-Dixon Line.

Bama did it with Penn State

I'm not saying it isn't impossible, just very uncommon. I think Tennessee is playing at Oregon this year. It just seems that most, if not all, of the marquee non conference mathcups involving the SEC are now held at the "neutral" site in Dallas.

Wisky is apparently trying to get LSU to play in Lambeau.

Props to them for trying to increase their scheduling profile.

Good luck getting an SEC team to play anywhere North of the Mason-Dixon Line.

Bama did it with Penn State

I'm not saying it isn't impossible, just very uncommon. I think Tennessee is playing at Oregon this year. It just seems that most, if not all, of the marquee non conference mathcups involving the SEC are now held at the "neutral" site in Dallas.

or georgia.