Pros/Cons of game times

Since it is a hot topic right now, I thought it would be a fun thread.

11:00am: I usually have things going on at school Saturday morning, these game times can make it very difficult to see the entire time and next to impossible to actually make it down to Lincoln from Omaha

2:30pm: These seem to be the most “friendly” for people, if you are watching at a bar you can always send a few guys out early to get a table and the others can show up as game time gets closer. Plus, the game ends around 6ish, so those that have to can still go home and do things. Getting to Lincoln for a 2:30 game is usually not an issue.

7pm (Or any night game): Very easy to get to Lincoln for these games and if you have to you can still get your stuff done in the morning, leave for Lincoln from Omaha around noon and still have a great time. Now, you can run into the old problem of people not wanting to go to early or that want to get to Lincoln really really early, which as we know, some “friends” can’t handle

I am lucky to make it to Lincoln once a year for a Husker game, but I really like the 2:30 games. I love the tailgating scene in Lincoln, and am usually able to get to our spot 2-3 hours before the game (sometimes earlier). It's great to have a few drinks on a crisp fall morning/early afternoon, watch the early games, and hang out with friends. Plus, with the game over by 6, I can get back to Omaha or wherever I am staying by mid-evening.

I am of the age where I don't need to be drinking all day, but I know how some people would love doing that for the night games. Teach and I had an amazing time at the NU-OU game in 2009. We got to Lincoln before noon for a 7 PM kickoff. It was a perfect late fall day, and we were able to hang out at the bars all afternoon. The only thing we messed up on was that we didn't hit the tailgate areas early enough, but it was still a great time.

I love the environment of night games. I'm a little under 2 hours away so there's no rush to get there. Only issues to me are, some have been drinkin all day so you get your typical assbags and the drive home usually lasts till 2 am or so.

2:30's are perftect for us. No rush to get there. We get our supper after the game and get home by 10, easily.

I hate 11:00's. Just a cluster____ on the interstate and trying to get into town, no matter how early we leave. We tried leaving 6 am for Iowa in 2011 and I didnt notice it being any easier than leaving at 8.

I went to a NU-Texas Tech game back in 2005 (fall down LeKevin!!!) and it was an odd, 3:30 kickoff. It was funny, but that extra hour later in the afternoon was awesome. We weren't rushing to get downtown and to our tailgate spot. We just hung out all day, enjoyed plenty of beers/Husker punch, and the weather was absolutely perfect. Plus, the later game time felt like a bit of a night game in the 2nd half.

As a kid, almost all the games were 1:30 kickoffs (because only 1 or 2 games would be on TV per year). I remember leaving Omaha mid morning, my parents dropping us off at my grandma's, and then they would head down to the game. I am sure they enjoyed tailgating for a couple hours, while my brothers and I would play football and get ready to listen to the game in the afternoon. Plus, after the game, we would get back to Omaha at a decent time.

With the way the party scene and tailgating scene has changed and gotten better in Lincoln, I do like to get down early. I never really have a tailgate spot to hit so I like to hit a lot of bars before the game, getting down to Lincoln early helps with that. That is why for me, night games are great, but a close second, is the 2:30 game IF I am free that Saturday morning

Early fall night games are awesome for us!

Last year, with the superb weather, we would go to the lake in the morning, boat and eat lunch, and then head to Lincoln to tailgate. Couldn't think of a better day. Maybe I can try to get 9 holes in prior to the lake, that might be better.

As a UNL student (wanting good seats)...

11 am: The best time slot. You're not standing in line as long, and a lot of students are still asleep til the game is about to start. When the game is over you have the rest of the day to watch football.

2:30: Probably the worst. You're missing the 11:00 games standing in line and then missing the other 2:30 games, and can only watch the night games. Also the hottest part of the day, which may or may not be a good thing.

Night games: In between. Usually a marquee game so you have to get there early to get a good spot. Might be able to watch a bit of the 11:00, but miss the 2:30 games and the other night games. But it is still a night game which gives it an advantage over the 2:30 slot.