QB Torrance Gibson [Ohio State - Signed LOI]

Gibson did an interview with a recruiting service and said he will be making his decision late, thinking about committing a week before NSD. It seems like QB is one of those positions that schools like to lock up early as a cornerstone for their recruiting class. If he truly waits that long, how do you see this affecting his recruitment? Do you think many schools will wait out for him? He is interested in OSU, so this might a moot point, as Urban might just say anything to get him in early.

From what I read and seen on tape he is one of the top athletes in the 2015 class. He is versatile as a qb or even a wingback. Ohio St's zone read, veer , speed option, spead base is perfect for him. I envision Kain Colter but more athletic , bigger frame and with more speed. Basically get him on field in a myriad of options.

I think his waiting affects is recruiting as we'll as wr recruits who are debating if they want to play with him. Sought after qbs should choose early to help intice others. With said I think osu has nothing to worry about. Osu missed on some qbs last year and it sets up nicely for him.

Needs to work on accuracy ,arc and touch though. Their are better qbs that fit Beck and Pelinis vision of what they want out of a qb IMO. He is a playmaker by definition and extremely impressive with regards to his development and potential

Gibson did an interview with a recruiting service and said he will be making his decision late, thinking about committing a week before NSD. It seems like QB is one of those positions that schools like to lock up early as a cornerstone for their recruiting class. If he truly waits that long, how do you see this affecting his recruitment? Do you think many schools will wait out for him? He is interested in OSU, so this might a moot point, as Urban might just say anything to get him in early.

Ohio State is really throwing him the idea of being the next Braxton Miller/ Terrell Pryor.

Yeah Urban Myer has some great examples such as Miller and Tebow with what he can mold.

He also should push the intention of Gibson getting on the field in a variety of looks to opposing defenses. An understudy to Miller working in tandem to create plays via designed runs, option reverses, sweeps, fades, and vertical routes to use his size and speed. He can be pitched an opportunity to be involved next year with live game action and the contours of the offense helping him gain experience.

He'll I would even talk about using him in some dime packages.

Yeah Urban Myer has some great examples such as Miller and Tebow with what he can mold.

He also should push the intention of Gibson getting on the field in a variety of looks to opposing defenses. An understudy to Miller working in tandem to create plays via designed runs, option reverses, sweeps, fades, and vertical routes to use his size and speed. He can be pitched an opportunity to be involved next year with live game action and the contours of the offense helping him gain experience.

He'll I would even talk about using him in some dime packages.

By the time Torrance is on campus anywhere Braxton Miller will be graduated.

Yeah I agree! . A player like that makes you wonder.

I looked at Bush's tapes recently . he can change directions well. He can throw well. The speed is good. His size is awesome and I guess he has good hands because of the talk of him playing wr. He is intresting in that utility role.

Raised on run option football like a lot of us were a player like him takes you back

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Torrance Gibson @quick_tg6

I thought about it & I will be committing early.

I guess he realized that QB is not a position that can delay the recruiting process, and his options would start to drop as other QBs commit early as usual.

Or not ....

Torrance Gibson@quick_tg6 27m

I will be committing after my senior season & after I take my 5 official visits.

Wonder if he is getting too much 'advice' from all the wrong people. He needs to do what is right for him.

I guess he realized that QB is not a position that can delay the recruiting process, and his options would start to drop as other QBs commit early as usual.

Or not ....

I will be committing after my senior season & after I take my 5 official visits.

Wonder if he is getting too much 'advice' from all the wrong people. He needs to do what is right for him.

how is taking his time and looking at all his options getting too much "advice" from all the wrong people? or is there more to his recruitment than what is in this thread?

Or not ....

how is taking his time and looking at all his options getting too much "advice" from all the wrong people? or is there more to his recruitment than what is in this thread?

I think he is more pointing out that awhile back he was going to wait till NSD, then he was going to commit early, and now he is going to commit after his senior season.