Battle of the Hall-of-Famers: Mike Rozier vs. Ron Dayne

.who has more yards. who has more touchdowns, they both have the same awards, and both played in consecutive "Big Boy Bowls".........only one thing tips the scale towards Dayne when it comes to his career.

If that's your criteria for a better career, then we'll have to agree to disagree.

Also, you never answered my question: Were you alive to see Rozier play? Did you watch his Nebraska career live or do you rely on highlight reels?

AllNRed, are you old enough to remember Rozier at Nebraska?

The answer to that question doesn't either argument more right or wrong......;).

That's the same quote one generation would use in discussing who is a better NBA player Dr. J or MJ or LJB. I do this with my nephews and sons all the time.

P.S. To answer your question, yes, I am, though I'm a Texas kid, so during that time Nebraska was just another great team, and I was more focused on SMU/UT/aTm.........I became a Husker fan when a family member introduced me to Turner Gill my sophmore year in high school........I ended up moving to Omaha that following year, by coincidence, but still end up going to a Texas school (Baylor) on a track & field scholarship.

.who has more yards. who has more touchdowns, they both have the same awards, and both played in consecutive "Big Boy Bowls".........only one thing tips the scale towards Dayne when it comes to his career.

If that's your criteria for a better career, then we'll have to agree to disagree.

Also, you never answered my question: Were you alive to see Rozier play? Did you watch his Nebraska career live or do you rely on highlight reels?

I guess we'll just agree to disagree..........

And I answered you question in my previous post.

P.S. To answer your question, yes, I am, though I'm a Texas kid, so during that time Nebraska was just another great team, and I was more focused on SMU/UT/aTm.........I became a Husker fan when a family member introduced me to Turner Gill my sophmore year in high school........I ended up moving to Omaha that following year, by coincidence, but still end up going to a Texas school (Baylor) on a track & field scholarship.

That explains a lot.

Did Ron Dayne have to equally 3-way split the team's offensive production with another 2 of the greatest players to ever play college football?

This is a serious question.

Which two are you talking about? Turner Gill or Irving Fryar? Or do you mean Roger Craig? And what about Jeff Smith?

That explains a lot.

I guess so.....:lol:......thanks for the discussion though. I don't normally do "intros" as to who I am on any message board simply because I figure no one cares. I just love talking college football and hearing different views both Husker fans and non Husker fans. It's amazing how many different angles and point of views 2 or 3 different people can get from watching one play. It's what drives me to discuss, long story short.

I don't understand why someone would admit that Rozier was a better player yet argue so passionately that Ron Dayne had a better career? Are you just splitting hairs for the sake of argument? Rozier was better, period.

By the way, Rozier had better numbers as a pro to boot.

I would like to throw a couple of other things out there on why Rozier is better career wise and as a RB.

#1. He was so good that prior to his junior year, the Huskers moved ROGER CRAIG to fullback so Rozier could start.

#2. He ran for over 2,000 yards in one season. Something Dayne didn't do.

Did Ron Dayne have to equally 3-way split the team's offensive production with another 2 of the greatest players to ever play college football?

This is a serious question.

Which two are you talking about? Turner Gill or Irving Fryar? Or do you mean Roger Craig? And what about Jeff Smith?

Tom Rathman? Hell, might as well throw Dean Steinkuhler in there too. He's in the scoring books. Right?

I don't understand why someone would admit that Rozier was a better player yet argue so passionately that Ron Dayne had a better career? Are you just splitting hairs for the sake of argument? Rozier was better, period.

By the way, Rozier had better numbers as a pro to boot.

You don't understand because you obviously missed my original point. Not always the better player has the best career. And it's not that I was arguing passionately. I simply was responding to another poster who was responding to me. Similar to how I'm responding to you ;)

So let me get this straight........Mike Rozier's career production was limited because Osborne happen to put other weapons around him but I should still consider it better than Ron Dayne's because Alvarez didn't do the same. Forget the fact that Dayne ran for more yards and TDs because Rozier would have done the same IF he had an extra year and less talent around him............thanks guys. I'd of never been able to see the light without you......:rolleyes: